Michael K. Smith (Illinois politician)
|Michael K. Smith|
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 91st district
January 1995 – January 2011
|Preceded by||Thomas J. Homer|
|Succeeded by||Michael D. Unes|
May 23, 1966|
|Died||August 9, 2014
|Alma mater||Bradley University (B.A.)|
He was defeated in his bid for re-election in the 2010 general election by Michael D. Unes, then a member of the City Council of East Peoria, Illinois, who was re-elected to that seat in the 2012 general election. Since mid-2011, he has served as a member of the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board. He was confirmed for a permanent seat on the Board by the Illinois State Senate on a vote of 33-21. He was sponsored for the post by Illinois State Senator David Koehler, D-Peoria, who had served in the Illinois State Legislature alongside then-Representative Smith. He died on August 9, 2014 of a heart attack.
- "More Illinois House Endorsements - Chicago Tribune". Articles.chicagotribune.com. 1994-10-20. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- "Representative Michael K. Smith (D) - Previous General Assembly (96th) 91st District". Illinois General Assembly. Retrieved 2014-04-11.
- "State Senate confirms Flider, Smith appointments - News - Journal Star - Peoria, IL". Pjstar.com. 2012-11-28. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- Chris Kaergard (1974-08-08). "Former state Rep. Mike Smith remembered as 'good soul' - News - Journal Star - Peoria, IL". Pjstar.com. Retrieved 2014-08-10.
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Michael K. Smith (D) 91st District official IL House website
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Michael K. Smith (IL) profile
- Follow the Money - Michael K. Smith
- Illinois House Democrats - Michael K. Smith profile
|This article about an Illinois politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|