Michael Knowles (film producer)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Knowles has produced six feature-length films in six years. His most recent works include the drama Away, a story set in the north English seaside town of Blackpool, starring Timothy Spall and Juno Temple which is set for international release early 2016 and mystery/ horror The Messenger  starring Robert Sheehan, Lily Cole and Joely Richardson which was released through Metrodome in the UK autumn 2015. Away won the Claude Lelouch special mention award at the 2016 Dinard Film Festival.
In his first foray into the world of television, Knowles produced Snodgrass  which imagines John Lennon in 1992, living on the dole in Birmingham after having left the Beatles in 1962. It stars Ian Hart, Kevin Doyle and Emma Stansfield and is part of the Sky Arts Playhouse Presents season.
Other producing projects include Birthday, starring Stephen Mangan, written by playwright Joe Penhall (The Road), which aired on Sky Arts in 2015; Best Laid Plans  starring Stephen Graham and Maxine Peake and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, which was released through Sony Pictures in 2012 and 2009’s A Boy Called Dad  starring Ian Hart, which was selected for the Edinburgh Film Festival and sold to the BBC.
- Talking with Angels (2004)
- Punch (2004)
- A Boy Called Dad (2009)
- Curtains (2009)
- Waving Trains (2009)
- Butterfly (2009)
- Best Laid Plans (2012)
- The List (2013)
- The Messenger (2015)
- Away (2016)
- "Timothy Spall, Juno Temple Heading 'Away' Together". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "The Messenger". Edinburgh International Film Festival. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Version Festival: The Text Best Thing".-Accessed 2015-12-24
- "Ian Hart to play John Lennon for third time in Snodgrass". The Independent. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Imagine John Lennon had quit The Beatles..." Big Issue. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Playhouse Presents: Snodgrass, Sky Arts 1, review". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Birthday | Sky.com". Find and Watch. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- French, Philip. "Best Laid Plans – review". the Guardian. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "A Boy Called Dad". Time Out London. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Mike Knowles". at B.F.I.- Accessed 2015-12-23
- "Watch Pete Postlethwaite in Waving At Trains | We Are Colony". We Are Colony. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Bafta Awards 2004".-BBC News Accessed 2015-12-24