Michael L. Brown
Michael L. Brown
Michael L. Brown
|Residence||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Alma mater||New York University|
|Occupation||Author, speaker, radio host, professor|
|Spouse(s)||Nancy Gurian Conway Brown (married 1977)|
Michael L. Brown (born March 16, 1955) is a radio host, author, professor and noted proponent of Messianic Judaism, Christian Zionism, and the Charismatic Movement. His nationally syndicated radio show, The Line of Fire, airs throughout the United States. He regularly contributes articles to the Christian news platform The Stream as well as to the news site Townhall, and serves as head of the Coalition of Conscience, a Christian organization in the Charlotte, North Carolina area. He also holds a Ph.D in Near Eastern Languages and Literature from New York University.
Michael L. Brown (PhD, New York University) is president and professor of practical theology at FIRE School of Ministry in Concord, NC. He has also served as visiting professor of Old Testament at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, IL and visiting professor of Jewish apologetics at Fuller Theological Seminary, School of World Mission as well as several other seminaries.
His own organizations
Between 1996 and 2000 he was leader in the Brownsville Revival, a Christian Pentecostal revival Movement that began on June 18, 1995, at the Brownsville Assembly of God church in Pensacola, Florida. In 2000, though, the board removed him from the movement. In 2001 he started the FIRE School of Ministry, A Christian leadership training institute that is heavily influenced by the revival movement that Brown left behind. In 2005 Brown founded another revivalist organization called ICN Ministries. The intent of the organization is to spread the revivalist message to places like Israel, other Christian organizations, and other places where Brown has influence.
In the past Brown has been criticized in Charlotte by the local LGBTQ community for holding a rally in protest of their 2009 Charlotte Pride Festival. The Southern Poverty Law Center has profiled him for his promotion of "junk science" on topics connected to sexual orientation, such as in his regular claims that homosexuality is caused by childhood trauma and his support for conversion therapy. In September 2012, the organization named him in their list of "30 New Activists Heading Up the Radical Right." In March 2014, Brown traveled to Peru to promote anti-gay laws. He has also defended Uganda's criminalization of homosexuality. He has said gays should be treated with respect and dignity.
Brown was criticized for citing the white supremacist website Stormfront in an article "asking whether it was time for another Jesus Movement among Jewish millennials". He apologized, saying he was not aware what the site was.
- Hyper-Grace: Exposing the Dangers of the Modern Grace Message (2014) ISBN 978-1621365891
- The Real Kosher Jesus: Revealing the Mysteries of the Hidden Messiah (2012) ISBN 978-1621360070
- 60 Questions Christians Ask About Jewish Beliefs and Practices (2011) ISBN 978-0800795047
- A Queer Thing Happened to America: And What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been (2011) ISBN 978-0615406091
- Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus (file listing). Ada, MI: Baker Books. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- General and Historical Objections (PDF). 1. 2000. ISBN 978-0-8010-6063-2. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- Theological Objections (PDF). 2. 2000. ISBN 978-0-8010-6334-3. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2019-01-05. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- Messianic Prophecy Objections (PDF). 3. 2003. ISBN 978-0-8010-6423-4. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2019-01-05. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- New Testament Objections (PDF). 4. 2006. ISBN 978-0-8010-6426-5. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2019-01-05. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- Traditional Jewish Objections (EPUB). 5. 2010. ISBN 978-1-881022-86-2. Archived from the original on 2019-01-05. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- It's Time to Rock the Boat (1993) ISBN 978-1560431060
- How Saved Are We? (1990) ISBN 978-1560430551
- Go And Sin No More: A Call To Holiness (1999) ISBN 978-0615730196
- Israel's Divine Healer (1995) ISBN 978-0310200291
- A Time For Holy Fire: Preparing the Way for Divine Visitation (2008) ISBN 978-0981530413
- What Do Jewish People Think about Jesus?: And Other Questions Christians Ask about Jewish Beliefs, Practices, and History (2007) ISBN 978-0800794262
- The Revival Answer Book (2001) ISBN 978-0830726417
- The End of the American Gospel Enterprise (1993) ISBN 978-1560430025
- Revolution!: The Call to Holy War (2000) ISBN 978-0830726400
- Let No One Deceive You (1997) ISBN 978-1560436935
- Our Hands Are Stained with Blood (1992) ISBN 978-1560430681
- Can You Be Gay and Christian?: Responding With Love and Truth to Questions About Homosexuality (2014) ISBN 978-1621365938
- Authentic Fire: A Response to John MacArthur's Strange Fire (2015)
- Jeremiah--Ezekiel (The Expositor's Bible Commentary) (2010) with Tremper Longman III, David E. Garland, Paul Ferris Jr. ISBN 978-0-310-23499-9
- Tree of Life Version (2014) with Jeffrey Seif et al. ISBN 978-0-9907081-1-7
- Breaking the Stronghold of Food: How We Conquered Food Addictions and Discovered a New Way of Living (2017) With his wife Nancy Brown
- Oxford Dictionary of Jewish Religion
- Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (April 2019)
- vs. Tovia Singer:
- on YouTube, November 1, 2015
- Does the New Testament Support Zionism? (Video). YouTube. May 17, 2019. Retrieved May 25, 2019. · Brown, Michael L. (May 26, 2019). "Jesus is My Everything, And He Confirms God's Promises to Israel" (video review of an altar call at on ' channelYouTube). Life Outreach International. Archived from the original on June 7, 2019. Retrieved June 7, 2019.
Watch it for yourself here, starting at 1:20:28 until 1:22:41.
- Brown, Michael L.; Ferris Jr., Paul W. (2017-03-07). "Contributors". In Longman III, Tremper; Garland, David E. (eds.). Jeremiah, Lamentations. The Expositor's Bible Commentary (Revised ed.). Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. ISBN 978-0-310-53187-6. Retrieved 2019-01-04. · "Biography". AskDrBrown. Archived from the original on 2018-11-20. Retrieved 2019-01-04. · "Academic C.V." AskDrBrown. Archived from the original on 2018-02-23. Retrieved 2019-01-04.
- "Major Split at Brownsville - News Report". Sermon Index. Retrieved July 19, 2015.
- "Author Profile". Awakening the One New Man.
- Comer, Matt (August 20, 2011). "Indeed, God has a better way". QNotes. Retrieved December 28, 2013.
- "Southern Poverty Law Center > Intelligence File: Michael Brown". Archived from the original on 2014-03-14. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- "30 New Activists Heading Up the Radical Right" (146). Southern Poverty Law Center Intelligence Report. Summer 2012. Retrieved December 29, 2013.
- "Renouncing 'Christian' Homo-hatred". Ask Dr. Brown. June 28, 2016. Retrieved November 11, 2017. "Let's Help Lauren Daigle Rather Than Condemn Her". Ask Dr. Brown. December 4, 2018. Retrieved December 8, 2018.
I have been marked by major leftwing groups (including the SPLC, the HRC, and GLAAD) as one of the most dangerous, vicious, homophobic, transphobic voices in America, and the secular media has been warned to stay away from me. (For me, these accusations and attacks, while sad in themselves, are truly a badge of honor. See Matthew 5:10-12.)
- Brown, Michael L. (November 5, 2017). "Is It Time for a New Jesus Movement Among Jewish Millennials?". Life Outreach International. Archived from the original on April 27, 2019. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
- "When Social Media Explodes Over an Editing Oversight". Ask Dr. Brown. November 9, 2017. Retrieved November 11, 2017.
- Michael L. Brown defends his interpretation of 1 Thessalonians 2:14–15 ("the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men") against accusations of being "cockamamie" under reference to Raymond E. Brown. Brown, Michael L. (May 13, 2019). "Did Paul Call 'the Jews' the 'Enemies of the Whole Human Race'?". Life Outreach International. Archived from the original on May 15, 2019. Retrieved May 23, 2019.
Are the views of Raymond Brown also 'cockamamie'?
- With reference to 1 Thessalonians 2:14–15 ("the Jews: Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men"): Brown, Michael L. (April 20, 2019). "Why Russian Jews Dreaded the Easter Weekend: Sadly, Anti-Semitism still exists in our world today…". GOD TV. Archived from the original on April 27, 2019. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
I interviewed E. Michael Jones of the book The Jewish Revolutionary Spirit. He flatly denies being anti-Semitic and speaks against hurting the Jewish people physically. At the same time, he affirms the blanket statement that 'the Jews killed Christ' and believes that Paul explicitly taught that 'the Jews' are hostile to all people and do not please God.· With reference to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor: Petrus, Johannes (July–August 2012). Jones, E. Michael (ed.). "Elder Brother". South Bend, IN: Culture Wars. Archived from the original on May 28, 2018. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
What would someone say if they were asked 'who bombed Pearl Harbor'? Almost everyone will respond by saying: 'The Japanese'.
- "Thank You To Our Sponsors". Camp Moshava of Wild Rose, WI. 2018-08-02. Archived from the original on 2019-01-05. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
In Memory of Rabbi Dr David S. Blumofe […], founder of the RZA in Chicago, by the Blumofe families (CA).
- Michael Brown's Website Archived 2019-01-04 at the Wayback Machine Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- "Michael Brown Articles – Political Columnist & Commentator". Townhall. Archived from the original on 2019-01-02. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- "Michael Brown". Life Outreach International. Archived from the original on 2018-12-22. Retrieved 2019-01-05.
- Works by or about Michael L. Brown in libraries (WorldCat catalog)