Michael Lerner (environmentalist)
Michael Lerner (born 1943, New York City) is co-founder and president of Commonweal, a nonprofit institute in Bolinas, California and co-founder and president emeritus of Smith Center for Healing and the Arts in Washington, D.C.
Early life and education
- 1966 Fulbright Fellowship, Brazil
- 1984 MacArthur Prize Fellowship for contributions to public health
- 1993 U.S.-Japan Leadership Fellowship
- 2009 Environmental Health Hero Award, CleanMed
- "Surviving the Great Dying", Yes!, Mar 31, 2003
- "The Age of Extinction and The Emerging Environmental Health Movement", Commonweal
- Michael Lerner, PhD. Medicine and the environment. Interview by Bonnie Horrigan.
- Choices in Healing: Integrating the Best of Conventional and Complementary Approaches to Cancer, MIT Press, 1996, ISBN 978-0-262-62104-5
- Dance, Betsy; Williams, Kitty (2000). First aid yourself: essential breast cancer websites. Essential Websites. Hope Springs Press. p. 56. ISBN 0-9639531-8-4.
- Guenther, Robin; Vittori, Gail (2008). Sustainable healthcare architecture. John Wiley and Sons. p. 419. ISBN 0-471-78404-4.
- "Michael Lerner, PhD. Medicine and the environment. Interview by Bonnie Horrigan". Altern Ther Health Med. 9 (2): 80–8. 2003. PMID 12652887.