Lett playing in the NSW Cup in 2009
11 March 1987 |
Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||83 kg (183 lb; 13 st 1 lb)|
|Position||Wing, Centre, Fullback|
Michael Lett (born 11 March 1987) is an Australian former professional rugby league footballer of the 2000s and 2010s. He played in the National Rugby League (NRL) for the Sydney Roosters, St. George Illawarra Dragons and Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs usually in the centres.
Born in Penrith, New South Wales Lett attended Sarah Redfern High School and whilst there played for the Australian Schoolboys team in 2004. He played for the Junior Kangaroos on 8 October 2005 against Papua New Guinea in Darwin.
Lett joined the Sydney Roosters and on 17 June 2005 played his first National Rugby League game for them in their Round 15 match of the 2005 NRL Premiership season against the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks at Toyota Park. He played three games for the club in that season.
Lett then went to play for St. George Illawarra Dragons for three seasons (2008–2010). He scored his first try for the Dragons in Round 10 of the 2008 NRL season against the Melbourne Storm at ANZ Stadium.
Lett joined the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in 2011 where he played just 2 games scoring 2 tries. He then returned to the NSW Cup team he helped to grand final victory. He played for the Picton Magpies in the Group 6 Rugby League competition. In May 2012 it was announced that Lett retired from football to pursue a career in mining to gain a better income to support his young family.
- http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default.aspx?s=player-profile-display&id=3444&player=Michael-Lett&team=Bulldogs Bulldogs profile as at 5 May 2011
- "SportingPulse Homepage for Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League". SportingPulse. Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- "Junior Kangaroos Team". Queensland Rugby League. Retrieved 2007-12-09.
- "Michael Lett". NRL Stats. Retrieved 2007-12-09.
- Whiticker, Alan; Hudson, Glen (2007). The Encyclopedia of Rugby League Players. Wetherill Park, New South Wales: Gary Allen Pty Ltd. p. 609. ISBN 978-1-877082-93-1.