Michael Lewis (musician)
|Birth name||Michael Lewis|
|Origin||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, jazz|
|Instruments||Saxophone, bass guitar|
|Associated acts||Bon Iver, Andrew Bird, Jack White, St. Vincent, Dosh, Fog, Gayngs, Happy Apple, The Tallest Man on Earth, Hiss Golden Messenger|
Mike Lewis (born Michael Lewis) is a saxophonist and bassist from Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is a founding member of contemporary jazz groups Happy Apple and Fat Kid Wednesdays. He also plays electric bass in Alpha Consumer and Red Start.
After trying trumpet, Mike Lewis settled on the saxophone at age 10.
- Blown Shockwaves And Crash Flow (1997)
- Part Of The Solution Problem (1998)
- Please Refrain From Fronting (2001)
- Youth Oriented (2002)
- The Peace Between Our Companies (2004)
- Happy Apple Back On Top (2007)
- So Far From Over (2004)
- Fog - Ether Teeth (2003)
- Dosh - Pure Trash (2004)
- Fog - Loss Leader (2006)
- Dosh - The Lost Take (2006)
- Fog - Ditherer (2007)
- Dosh - Wolves and Wishes (2008)
- Andrew Bird - Noble Beast (2009)
- Gayngs - Relayted (2010)
- Dosh - Tommy (2010)
- Bon Iver - Bon Iver, Bon Iver (2011)
- Andrew Bird - Break It Yourself (2012)
- The Tallest Man on Earth - Dark Bird Is Home (2015)
- Bon Iver - 22, A Million (2016)
- Leggett, Steve. "Happy Apple Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- Espeland, Pamela (February 25, 2009). "Michael Lewis tours with Andrew Bird, turns up on Letterman and Leno". Minnpost.
|This article on an American saxophonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a double bass player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|