Michael Lockwood (guitarist)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lockwood in 2012
|Birth name||Michael Dean Lockwood|
|Born||May 22, 1961|
Hawthorne, California, U.S.
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
Lockwood graduated from Highland High School in Bakersfield, California in 1979. He has worked with Carly Simon, Fiona Apple, Bijou Phillips, Alana Davis, Ben Taylor, Leona Naess, Susanna Hoffs and Michael Penn. In 1985 Lockwood joined the already established but yet unsigned Hollywood group Lions & Ghosts. They were later signed to EMI America Records and recorded their first album in London. They disbanded in 1989 after a second record was released and several members had changed. He formed a local power pop band Wink with Michael Marquesen, Tony Babylon, & Brian Keats.
He married Lisa Marie Presley in a small ceremony in Kyoto, Japan on January 22, 2006. Michael and Lisa Marie had fraternal twin girls via Caesarean section, weighing 5 pounds 2 ounces and 5 pounds 15 ounces respectively, at birth. The twins, Harper and Finley, are the first and second children for Michael, and the third and fourth for Lisa Marie. In June 2016, the couple filed for divorce. In February 2017, Presley said that her daughters were taken into protective custody and she opposed Lockwood's request for spousal support claiming that she had found hundreds of images and videos of child pornography on his personal computer. 
Lockwood was the main guitarist for Lisa Marie's 'Storm & Grace' tour, that started on June 14, 2012.
Throughout his career Lockwood has worked with a wide range of artists and bands in various genres both as a musician & collaborator.
|2012||Storm & Grace||Lisa Marie Presley||Guitar|
|2008||This Kind of Love||Carly Simon||Guitar, Soloist|
|2007||Brittany Shane||Brittany Shane||Bass, Guitar, Guitar (Electric), Omnichord|
|2006||Lucky Girl||Kirsten Proffit||Guitar (Electric)|
|2006||Movie Disaster Music||Josie Cotton||Guitar|
|2006||Now What||Lisa Marie Presley||Composer, Executive Producer, Guitars, Programmer|
|2004||I Heart Huckabees||Jon Brion||Guitar|
|2004||New York's A Go Go||Sylvain Sylvain||Guitar|
|2004||Soundlight||Keith Chagall||Guitar(Electric), Soloist|
|2002||Acoustic, Vol. 2||Various artists||Producer|
|2002||Anthology||Carly Simon||Guitar (Acoustic), Guitar (Electric)|
|2002||Bleeding Together||Dissent||Associate Producer, Cover Art|
|2002||I Am Sam||I Am Sam||Producer, Guitars, Bass, Keyboards|
|2002||Lost in Space||Aimee Mann||Producer, Engineer, Editor, Guitars, Synthesizers|
|2002||Respond, Vol. 2||Various Artists||Guitar (Electric), Keyboards, Producer|
|2002||Songs Inspired by Literature: Chapter One||The Sibl Project||Primary Artist|
|2001||Detours into Unconscious Rhythms||Calvin Keys||Photography|
|2000||Bachelor No. 2 or, the Last Remains of the Dodo||Aimee Mann||Composer, Guitars, Keyboards, Melodica, Bkgd Vocals|
|2000||The Bedroom Tapes||Carly Simon||Guitar (Acoustic)|
|2000||Ultimate Collection||Aimee Mann||Guitar|
|2000||I'd Rather Eat Glass||Bijou Phillips||Guitar|
|1999||Magnolia (soundtrack)||Film Score||Composer|
|1999||Rubies on the Lawn||Trish Murphy||Guitar|
|1998||(Sleep) Baby Doll||Sylvain Sylvain||Guitar|
|1995||Automatic 7||Automatic 7||Photography|
|1995||I'm with Stupid||Aimee Mann||Guitar|
|1994||Save Me||Aimee Mann||Guitar (Acoustic), Guitar (Electric), Bkgd Vocals|
|1989||Wild Garden||Lions & Ghosts||Guitar, Bkgd Vocals|
|1989||Velvet Kiss, Lick of the Lime||Lions & Ghosts||Guitar, Vocals|
- Guitars and basses
- Effect pedals
- Robertson, Jessica (February 17, 2006). "Lisa Marie Presley Weds, Again". Rolling Stone. Retrieved January 27, 2018.
- "Arts: Sarah Brightman, Lisa Marie Presley, Steven Tyler". The New York Times. August 7, 2008. Retrieved January 27, 2018.
- "People: Britney Spears, Eva Green, Lisa Marie Presley". The New York Times. February 17, 2006. Retrieved January 27, 2018.
- "Lisa Marie Presley files for divorce in Los Angeles". USA Today. June 28, 2016. Retrieved June 29, 2016.
- Fisher, Kendall. "Lisa Marie Presley's Twins Taken Into Protective Custody Amid Claims Michael Lockwood Collected 'Inappropriate' Footage of Children". E-Online. Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- Alexander, Harriet (February 17, 2017). "Lisa Marie Presley's estranged husband 'disgusted' at 'unproven allegations' about 'disturbing' images of children". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved January 27, 2018.
- Alexander, Harriet; Beard, Nadia (February 17, 2017). "Lisa Marie Presley's daughters taken into care as husband investigated over 'disturbing' child photos found on computer". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved January 27, 2018.
- "Michael Lockwood - Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved January 27, 2018.