Lohan at the wrap party for the pilot of
Wanna Be Me in 2008
|Born||April 25, 1960|
(m. 1985; div. 2007)
|Children||7, including Lindsay Lohan
Michael Lohan, Jr.
Lohan married Dina, a former singer and dancer, on November 2, 1985. Dina and Michael Lohan have four children: daughters Lindsay (born July 2, 1986) and Aliana (born December 22, 1993), and sons Michael, Jr. (born 1987) and Dakota. The parents separated when their daughter Lindsay was three, and later reunited. Dina filed for divorce in January 2005. In October 2007, the couple announced a final divorce settlement had been reached.
On June 30, 2008, Lohan submitted a DNA sample for a paternity test after a Montana massage therapist, Kristi Kaufmann Horn, stated she was intimately involved with Michael in 1995 while he was separated from Dina, and fathered her daughter, Ashley Horn. A Montana court subsequently ruled that Lohan was Ashley's natural father, and his name was added to her birth certificate. The paternity results were revealed during his appearance on Trisha where Lohan reunited with Kaufmann while meeting Horn for the first time.
Lohan and former tabloid reporter Kate Major became engaged over Easter weekend in 2010. They later broke up, but their continued relationship, which was marked by conflict, was depicted in the fifth season of the VH1 reality TV series, Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew, which documented Lohan's rehabilitation for alcoholism, which he said began in 1982. Lohan says that although he had not done cocaine in six years at this point (a "culture" to which he says he succumbed while working on Wall Street), "Drinking always led to coke. Always." He also discussed how he was affected by the verbal abuse and alcoholism of his father, who had recently died of stomach cancer.
It was also revealed on Celebrity Rehab that Lohan had been diagnosed with left main cardiac disease. Although Lohan had previously had a blockage in his right coronary artery, the blockage at his left main coronary artery placed Lohan at high risk for a cardiac event, and required him to avoid stress and anger.
In 2011, Lohan lived in West Hollywood, California. As of February 2014, Lohan lives in Boca Raton, Florida, with his wife Kate Major Lohan whom he married in October 2014, and their sons, Landon Major Lohan  and Logan Major Lohan. Prior to moving to Boca Raton, he lived in Fort Lauderdale and at the Tahitian Inn in Tampa.
Lohan and his wife lost custody of both of their children in November 2015.
In 1990, Lohan was investigated for insider trading and convicted of criminal contempt of court. He was sentenced to three years in jail in Nassau County, and was released in 1993 on five years probation. During this time, his daughter Lindsay had started modeling for the Ford Models agency and was starring in commercials, and by the time of his release in 1993, she was at the pinnacle of her career.
In 1997, Lohan was arrested when he violated his probation after flying to Napa, California to visit his daughter Lindsay, who had been hospitalized for an asthma attack that occurred during filming of a movie. He subsequently served a year in prison.
After Lindsay became a movie star, tensions arose in the family. This conflict came to a head when Dina's youngest brother, Matt Sullivan, got into a fistfight outside Lohan's Long Island home, during a May 23, 2004 first communion party for their son Dakota. Lohan was charged with attempted assault and, while awaiting sentencing, was involved in a car accident that led to his being charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. While in prison, he took up singing and songwriting, as well as correspondence courses for Teen Challenge, a faith-based sobriety program. Michael and Dina Lohan separated again later that year. Lohan was later arrested on June 29 after allegedly leaving a Long Island hotel where he had rented several suites without paying his $3,800 bill, and faced assault charges in Manhattan for allegedly swearing at a sanitation worker and punching the worker in the face after the worker's truck blocked his car. On January 19, 2005, Dina's spokesperson confirmed that she had filed for divorce.
Lohan was released from prison in March 2007 after serving a two-and-a-half-year sentence in the Collins Correctional Facility. He subsequently took up residence in a Teen Challenge center in West Babylon, New York, and underwent training to become a minister, though to be ordained requires his parole to end.
He subsequently worked as an actor and counselor with the Long Island Teen Challenge rehabilitation program. He has also been involved in various television proposals, including the Michael Lohan Reality Project, a 2007 series produced by Frozen Pictures, which followed his life, work and efforts to reconnect with his daughter and family.
On October 25, 2011, Lohan was arrested in a suspected domestic violence incident in Tampa, Florida, involving his on-again, off-again girlfriend, Kate Major. Lohan was released from custody on $5,000 bail and ordered to have no further contact with Major. On October 27, 2011, he was again in police custody after contacting Major by phone. After being subsequently released from a Tampa hospital October 28, and taken to Falkenburg Road Jail, the wheelchair-bound Lohan was denied bail during an October 29 court appearance by Judge Denise Pomponio for violating a domestic violence injunction against him and his pretrial release order not to contact Major. Lohan and his attorney stated that he was merely returning a call by Major, but Major, who was present, stated that this was false.
|2008||The Deed To Hell||Interviewed Celebrity|
|2011||Wanna Be Me!||Angel Lohan|
All television appearances are of self.
|2010||Hannity||July 8, 2010|
|2010||Larry King Live||July 20, 2010|
|2010||The Gossip Queens||1.22|
|2011||Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew||10 episodes|
|2011||The Early Show||January 3, 2011|
|2011||ABC News Nightline||February 17, 2011|
|2012||Sergio's Blog||Celebrity Boxing 36: Michelle 'Bombshell' Mcgee|
|2012||Dr. Drew's Lifechangers||Michael Lohan Part 2|
|2012||Judge Alex||November 2, 2012|
|2013||The Test||The Lohan's Revealed|
|2012/2013||Trisha||Liars Exposed! Are You Cheating and Stealing from Me?/Michael Lohan
Trisha Exclusive: Is Lindsay Lohan My Sister?
|2016||Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn||10 episodes|
- Caplan, David (April 6, 2010). "Lindsay Lohan's Father Engaged to Kate Major". People. Archived from the original on March 3, 2011.
Michael Lohan, who turns 50 on April 25
- Fazan, Sarina (November 11, 2011). "Lindsay Lohan's dad gets support in court from a reality housewife". ABC Action News.
- "Lindsay Lohan's dad pops off at his ex". Daily News. April 14, 2008.
- "Lohan Grandfather Dies". Contact Music. August 29, 2008.
- Dirmann, Tina; Finn, Natalie (August 29, 2008). "Lindsay Loses Grandfather, Calls for Family Peace". E! Online.
- Carry, Robert (June 9, 2010). "Lindsay Lohan is Irish? Really?". Joe.ie.
- Morgan, Spencer (August 14, 2007). "The Parent Trap". The New York Observer. Archived from the original on June 16, 2011. Pages 2, 3, and 4 archived, by necessity, separately.
- Fischler, Marcelle S. (October 22, 2006). "For Lohan Matriarch, Like Daughter, Like Mother". The New York Times.
- "Lindsay Lohan biography". The Biography Channel. Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- "Profiles of Tom Cruise, Lindsay Lohan, Michael Caine". CNN People in the News. July 2, 2005. CNN. Archived from the original on June 29, 2011.
Lindsay Morgan [sic] Lohan's life began on July 2, 1986.
- "Ali Lohan". Archived from the original on November 8, 2015. Retrieved November 8, 2015.
- Croft, Ally (2012). "Lindsay Lohan Timeline". The Lindsay Lohan Story. Orion. ISBN 9781409136378.
- "Lohan parents' divorce heats up on Long Island". Today.com. Associated Press. August 6, 2007. Archived from the original on February 12, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2008.
- Herbst, Diane (December 12, 2005). "Lohan's Parents Reach Divorce Settlement". People.
- "Lindsay Lohan's Mother Files for Divorce". Fox News. Associated Press. January 19, 2005. Archived from the original on August 25, 2015.
- Thomas, Katie (August 10, 2007). "Lohan case illustrates flawed state system". Newsday.
- "Lohan's parents end divorce row". BBC News. August 18, 2007. Archived from the original on February 12, 2015. Retrieved August 19, 2007.
- Crowley, Kieran, and Jeane MacIntosh. "Lohan's Shock 'Sister Act' - Lindsay's Dad's DNA Drama". New York Post. July 1, 2008. WebCitation archive.
- "Meet Lindsay Lohan's half-sister Ashley Horn... the budding teen pop star | Daily Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. 2011-07-28. Retrieved November 4, 2015.
- D'Zurilla, Christie (November 15, 2012). "Michael Lohan: DNA test confirms 17-year-old is his daughter". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved April 1, 2016.
- "Wreckage from the Past". Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. Season 5. Episode 5. July 24, 2011. VH1.
- "Family Weekend". Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. Season 5. Episode 6. July 31, 2011. VH1.
- "The Trouble With Loved Ones". Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. Season 5. Episode 7. August 7, 2011. VH1.
- "Intake". Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. Season 5. Episode 1. June 26, 2011. VH1.
- Ward, Kate. "'Celebrity Rehab': Michael Lohan, Amy Fisher, Bai Ling join season 5". Entertainment Weekly. March 3, 2011
- Chambers, Lisa. "Guilty as Charged!". TV Guide. June 20, 2011, page 27
- "911 Call: Cops visit Michael Lohan's home in Boca Raton". WPBF.
- Funcheon, Deidra (February 19, 2013). "Michael Lohan Is Publishing Memoir, Has Moved to Boca". Broward Palm Beach New Times. Archived from the original on March 11, 2014.
- Boardman, Madeline (2014-11-25). "Michael Lohan Married to Kate Major: Lindsay Lohan's Father Weds Again - Us Weekly". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-11-04.
- Nessif, Bruna (January 30, 2014). "Michael Lohan and Kate Major Welcome Baby Boy—Find Out Lindsay Lohan's Little Brother's Name". E! Online. Retrieved November 25, 2014.
- Webber, Stephanie (2014-12-31). "Kate Major Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby Boy Logan With Michael Lohan - Us Weekly". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 2015-11-04.
- Byrne, Laura (October 25, 2011). "Michael Lohan arrested on domestic violence charges in Tampa". Tampa / St. Petersburg, Florida: WTSP-TV. Archived from the original on November 25, 2014.
- Gray, Mark. "Michael Lohan and wife lose custody of their children". Msn.com. Retrieved 2015-11-04.
- "Lindsay Lohan Biography". People. Retrieved January 31, 2010.
- "Lindsay Lohan: Biography". Rolling Stone. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Lindsay Lohan's Mother Files for Divorce". Fox News/Associated Press. January 19, 2005
- "Lohan's dad makes peace offering". USA Today. July 30, 2007
- Dirmann, Tina. "Michael Lohan's Reality Check". E! Online. November 7, 2007
- "Lindsay Lohan's dad granted bail, released". CNN. October 27, 2011
- D'Zurilla, Christie. "Michael Lohan arrested on domestic abuse charges in Florida". Los Angeles Times. October 25, 2011
- "Michael Lohan Arrested Again, Tries to Flee Cops by Jumping Off Balcony". ABC News. October 27, 2011
- Boyle, Christina. "Michael Lohan arrested again just hours after release from jail on domestic violence charges". Daily News. October 27, 2011
- Clark, Michelle L. "Michael Lohan denied bond at first appearance". ABC News. October 29, 2011
- Rossetter, Shelley. "Lindsay Lohan's father denied bond". St. Petersburg Times. October 29, 2011