Wm. Michael Lynn
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (October 2016)|
|Wm. Michael Lynn|
|Born||William Michael Lynn
June 27, 1958
|Other names||Michael Lynn|
|Alma mater||Ohio State University|
|Thesis||The effects of scarcity on perceived value: investigations of commodity theory (1987)|
|Known for||Research on tipping|
|Notable awards||2004 W. Bradford Wiley Memorial Best Research Paper of the Year Award from the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education|
Wm. Michael "Mike" Lynn (born 1958) is the Burton M. Sack Professor in Food & Beverage Management in Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration. He has a Ph.D. in Social Psychology from Ohio State University. Much of his research deals with the study of tipping at restaurants. Lynn is currently on the editorial board of the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. He is the editor-in-chief of the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly.
Michael Lynn received the 2004 W. Bradford Wiley Memorial Best Research Paper of the Year Award from the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education.
- Faculty profile, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration. Accessed June 8, 2011
- Wm. Michael Lynn's biography at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration website.
- Franklin Crawford (8/17/2000). "Researcher in consumer behavior looks at attitudes of gratitude that affect gratuities". Cornell Chronicle.
- "Thank you, Mike. Welcome, Mike". Cornell Hotel & Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 8/1/2002.
- "Taking the reins--with pleasure". Cornell Hotel & Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 10/1/2002.
- Past award winners, International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education. Accessed June 8, 2011.