Wm. Michael Lynn
Wm. Michael Lynn
William Michael Lynn
June 27, 1958
|Other names||Michael Lynn|
|Education||Ohio State University|
|Known for||Research on tipping|
|Awards||2004 W. Bradford Wiley Memorial Best Research Paper of the Year Award from the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education|
|Thesis||The effects of scarcity on perceived value: investigations of commodity theory (1987)|
Wm. Michael "Mike" Lynn (born 1958) is the Burton M. Sack Professor in Food & Beverage Management in Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration. He has a Ph.D. in Social Psychology from Ohio State University. Much of his research deals with the study of tipping at restaurants. Lynn is currently on the editorial board of the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. He is the editor-in-chief of the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly.
Michael Lynn received the 2004 W. Bradford Wiley Memorial Best Research Paper of the Year Award from the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education.
- Faculty profile, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration. Accessed June 8, 2011
- Wm. Michael Lynn's biography at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration website.
- Franklin Crawford (8/17/2000). "Researcher in consumer behavior looks at attitudes of gratitude that affect gratuities". Cornell Chronicle.
- "Thank you, Mike. Welcome, Mike". Cornell Hotel & Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 8/1/2002.
- "Taking the reins--with pleasure". Cornell Hotel & Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 10/1/2002.
- Past award winners, International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education. Accessed June 8, 2011.