|Born||1955 (age 61–62)|
|Other names||Mickey Nose, The Nose|
|Criminal penalty||10 years (1984)
15 years (2008)
|Criminal status||Incarcerated at the FCI Edgefield|
|Allegiance||Bonanno crime family|
During the early 1980s, Mancuso was an associate of the Purple Gang. In 1984, Mancuso fatally shot his wife Evelina and left her body on a bench in front of Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx. Mancuso pleaded guilty to manslaughter and served ten years in prison.
In 2004, acting boss Vincent Basciano promoted him to the acting underboss position. He became acting boss in November 2004, after Basciano was imprisoned. In May 2005, Joseph Massino implicated Mancuso in the 1999 murder of Gerlando Sciascia. In early 2006, Basciano allegedly ordered Mancuso's murder.
On February 16, 2006, Mancuso was arrested for ordering a 2004 murder. Mancuso and imprisoned Basciano ordered the November 30, 2004, murder of Bonanno associate Randolph Pizzolo. The hit was carried out by soldier Anthony "Ace" Aiello. On August 6, 2008, Mancuso and soldier Aiello pleaded guilty to murdering Pizzolo. On December 16, 2008, Mancuso was sentenced to 15 years and soldier Aiello was sentenced to 30 years in prison. As of April 2015, Mancuso is imprisoned at the Federal Correctional Institution, Danbury, in Danbury, Connecticut. He has a projected release date of March 12, 2019.
In June 2013, Mancuso, while imprisoned for the next five years, was picked as the new official boss of the family. He is the first mobster in the family to hold this title since boss Joseph Massino became a government witness in 2005. Mancuso is controlling the family through his Bronx associates and underboss Thomas DiFiore, who is serving as street boss.
- Marzulli, John (June 24, 2013). "Bonanno crime family sniffs out Michael 'The Nose' Mancuso as new boss: sources". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- Marzulli, John (June 30, 2005). "The Nose is Pick of the Mob. Called new top Bonanno". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Marzulli, John (May 18, 2006). "A Get out of Jail Pass? Mafia Killer Wants to See His Kid". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Marzulli, John (January 15, 2008). "Vincent Basciano a threat in jail". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Marzulli, John (February 17, 2006). "Help Wanted:Crime Boss". New York Daily News. Retrieved April 11, 2015.
- Marzulli, John (August 6, 2008). "Bonanno big, thug admit roles in slay". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- "Bonanno Organized Crime Family Acting Boss and Three Soldiers Plead Guilty to Murder Conspiracy and Other Charges". United States Attorney's Office Eastern District of New York. August 6, 2008. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Chiaramonte, Perry; Lisi, Clemente (December 17, 2008). "Bonanno Boss Hit with 15 Years for Mob Slay". New York Post. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- "Michael Mancuso". Bureau of Prisons Inmate Locator. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
as acting boss
|Bonanno crime family