|Born||1955 (age 64–65)|
New York City, U.S.
|Other names||Mickey Nose, The Nose|
|Allegiance||Bonanno crime family|
|Criminal penalty||10 years' imprisonment|
15 years' imprisonment
During the early 1980s, Mancuso was an associate of the Purple Gang. In 1984, Mancuso fatally shot his wife Evelina and left her body on a bench in front of Jacobi Hospital in the Bronx. Mancuso pleaded guilty to manslaughter and served ten years in prison.
In 2004, acting boss Vincent Basciano promoted him to the acting underboss position. He became acting boss in November 2004, after Basciano was imprisoned. In May 2005, Joseph Massino implicated Mancuso in the 1999 murder of Gerlando Sciascia. In early 2006, Basciano allegedly ordered Mancuso's murder.
On February 16, 2006, Mancuso was arrested for ordering a 2004 murder. Mancuso and the imprisoned Basciano ordered the November 30, 2004, murder of Bonanno associate Randolph Pizzolo. The hit was carried out by soldier Anthony "Ace" Aiello. On August 6, 2008, Mancuso and soldier Aiello pleaded guilty to murdering Pizzolo. On December 16, 2008, Mancuso was sentenced to 15 years and soldier Aiello was sentenced to 30 years in prison.
In June 2013, Mancuso, while imprisoned for the next five years, was picked as the new official boss of the family. He is the first mobster in the family to hold this title since boss Joseph Massino became a government witness in 2004. Mancuso is controlling the family through his Bronx associates and underboss Thomas DiFiore. He appointed Joseph Cammarano Jr as the Bonanno family street boss and also as the acting underboss in 2015. In April 2015, it was reported that Mancuso was imprisoned at the Federal Correctional Institution, Danbury, in Danbury, Connecticut. On March 12, 2019, Mancuso was released.
- Marzulli, John (June 24, 2013). "Bonanno crime family sniffs out Michael 'The Nose' Mancuso as new boss: sources". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- Marzulli, John (June 30, 2005). "The Nose is Pick of the Mob. Called new top Bonanno". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Marzulli, John (May 18, 2006). "A Get out of Jail Pass? Mafia Killer Wants to See His Kid". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Marzulli, John (January 15, 2008). "Vincent Basciano a threat in jail". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Marzulli, John (February 17, 2006). "Help Wanted:Crime Boss". New York Daily News. Retrieved April 11, 2015.
- Marzulli, John (August 6, 2008). "Bonanno big, thug admit roles in slay". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- "Bonanno Organized Crime Family Acting Boss and Three Soldiers Plead Guilty to Murder Conspiracy and Other Charges". United States Attorney's Office Eastern District of New York. August 6, 2008. Archived from the original on December 11, 2013. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- Chiaramonte, Perry; Lisi, Clemente (December 17, 2008). "Bonanno Boss Hit with 15 Years for Mob Slay". New York Post. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Mob boss rebuilding what's left of Bonanno crime family". The New York Daily News. Retrieved 2 October 2017.
- "Michael Mancuso". Bureau of Prisons Inmate Locator. Retrieved June 16, 2013.
as acting boss
| Bonanno crime family