Michael Manley (CEO)
|Born||March 6, 1964|
|Alma mater||Ashridge Management College|
|Occupation||CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles|
Michael Manley, often known as Mike Manley, (born March 9, 1964) is an English businessman. He was appointed as CEO of FCA on July 21, 2018, following the announcement that Sergio Marchionne would step down due to health reasons. Prior to being named CEO, Manley had served as head of FCA's Jeep division since 2009.
Manley was educated as an engineer and started his career as a trainee at car financing company Swan National. He continued his career working at Renault and Peugeot dealerships, before moving on to Lex Autosales car dealerships. In 2000, Lex Autosales was bought by DaimlerChrysler UK, and Manley was appointed director of Network Development for Daimler Chrysler UK, but was transferred to the United States in 2003. In 2008, he became Executive Vice-President of planning and sales for Chrysler followed by COO for the Asia region. In 2009, Manley became the CEO of the Jeep division, a position which he has continued to hold with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) since the merger with Fiat, with the addition of becoming responsible for RAM. Since Manley was appointed as head of Jeep, Jeep sales have risen from 320,000 vehicles in 2009 to 1.23 million in 2015. Manley said being appointed the head of Jeep was 'the turning point of his career'.
Awards and honours
- Automotive Hall of Fame Distinguished Service Citation 2016
- Auto Express Hall of Fame 2016
- 2016 Detroit Free Press Automotive Difference Maker Award
- Sclaunich, Greta. "Fca, chi è Mike Manley, il successore di Marchionne".
- "Michael Manley - FCA Group". www.fcagroup.com.
- Auto Express: Mike Manley replaces Sergio Marchionne as boss of Fiat Chrysler | Auto Express, accessdate: 22. July 2018
- Citywire: Lex sells autosales division for £17.95m - Citywire, accessdate: 22. July 2018
- Auto Express: Hall of Fame 2016: Mike Manley | Auto Express, accessdate: 22. July 2018
- Bloomberg: Fiat Names Jeep Chief Manley to Replace Ailing CEO Marchionne - Bloomberg, accessdate: 22. July 2018
- Garsten, Ed. "An Inside View On Fiat Chrysler's New CEO Mike Manley: Tough, Focused And Right For The Job".
- Automotive Hall of Fame (30 August 2016). "Michael Manley speech - Automotive Hall of Fame" – via YouTube.
- 2016 Detroit Free Press Automotive Difference Maker awards winners: 2016 Detroit Free Press Automotive Difference Maker awards winners, accessdate: 22. July 2018