|Born||July 28, 1962 (age 56)|
Rotenburg an der Fulda, Germany
|Known for||Mercedes-Benz SLK|
Porsche 918 Spyder
Mauer studied design from 1982 to 1986 at the Hochschule Pforzheim. His first job after graduating was with Mercedes-Benz in Sindelfingen. In 1989 he was appointed Design Project Leader for the Mercedes-Benz V-Class. In 1995 he was promoted to Head of Department and took responsibility for the new A-Class, SLK and SL models. In 1998 Mauer moved to the Tokyo design studio as General Manager. A year later, he moved back to Europe and was in charge of design at Smart.
- "Harm Lagaay retires and is to be succeeded by Michael Mauer". Porsche. 12 May 2004. Retrieved 5 November 2013.
- "Interview with Michael Mauer". Green Car Design. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 5 November 2013.
- "Interview: Michael Mauer of Porsche". Autoblog.com.
- "Michael Mauer". Evo. 2 June 2004. Archived from the original on 5 November 2013. Retrieved 5 November 2013.
- "A Conversation with Porsche's Head of Design Michael Mauer". Motor Trend. 1 October 2012. Retrieved 5 November 2013.
- "Top award for iconic sports car manufacturer Porsche is red dot: design team of the year 2012". Red Dot. Retrieved 5 November 2013.