|Irish name||Mícheál Mac Giolla Bhríde|
20 January 1982 |
Ballinascreen, County Londonderry,
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|*Inter County team apps and scores correct as of 00:19, 19 January 2009 (UTC)
Includes Championship games only.
Michael McBride (Irish: Mícheál Mac Giolla Bhríde; born 20 January 1982) is an Irish Gaelic footballer who plays for Derry, with whom he has won a National League title. He plays his club football for St. Colm's Ballinascreen. For both club and county he usually plays in the half back line. His brother Dermot has also played on occasion for Derry.
McBride was a substitute on the Derry panel that finished runners-up to Tyrone in the 2005 Dr. McKenna Cup. He was later called up to the Derry panel during the 2007 Championship for cover, but did not play in any games. He worked his way into the Derry team in the 2008 McKenna Cup (where Derry again reached the final) and the 2008 National League, which Derry won defeating Kerry in the final. He made his Championship debut later that year in the defeat to Monaghan.
Details of Championship matches
|1||19 July 2008||Qualifiers Round 2||St Tiernach's Park, Clones||Monaghan||1-12 : 1-13||0-00||RTÉ, BBC, Derry GAA|
- A. ^ Result column lists Derry's score first
- Statistics accurate as of 19 January 2009
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2009)|
McBride won a Derry ACFL Division 2 title with Ballinacreen in 2008, promoting the club back into Division 1.
- Derry ACFL Division 2:
- Winner (1): 2008
- Ballinascreen Player of the Season: 2007 (Joint winner with Dermot McBride)
- Ballinascreen captain: 2007
Note: The above lists may be incomplete. Please add any other honours you know of.
- "Derry player profiles 2008". Official Derry GAA website. Early 2008. Retrieved 18 January 2009. Check date values in:
- "Derry line-ups 2005". Derry GAA website. Retrieved 2 April 2008.
- "Derry 2-13 Kerry 2-09 2008 National League Final report - Derry GAA website". Derry GAA website. Retrieved 27 April 2008.