Michael McCann (field hockey)
26 September 1977 |
Michael McCann OAM (born 26 September 1977) is a field hockey striker from Sydney, Australia, who won the gold medal with the Australia national field hockey team at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens. He was included in the national squad for the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup in 2001 after an impressive national league season netted him the top goal scorer's award.
He retired from international hockey in 2007 after playing 165 games and scoring 72 goals.
International senior tournaments
- 2002 – World Cup, Kuala Lumpur (2nd place)
- 2002 – Commonwealth Games, Manchester (1st place)
- 2002 – Champions Trophy, Cologne (5th place)
- 2003 – Champions Trophy, Amstelveen (2nd place)
- 2004 – Olympic Games, Athens (1st place)
- 2005 – Champions Trophy, Chennai (1st place)
- 2006 – Commonwealth Games, Melbourne (1st place)
- 2006 – Champions Trophy, Terrassa (4th place)
- 2006 – World Cup, Mönchengladbach (2nd place)