Michael McManus (American actor)
January 26, 1946 |
Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
Michael McManus (born January 26, 1946 in Minneapolis, Minnesota) is an American character actor probably most recognizable for his work in television. His best known movie role is perhaps Ben Tuthill in the 1982 film Poltergeist. He has also appeared in the films Mother, Jugs & Speed (1976), Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol (1987), Funland (1987) and Action Jackson (1988).
McManus was a series regular on the television sitcom Lewis & Clark as John, the bartender; the series lasted only one season of thirteen episodes. McManus also guest starred in several popular television series including M*A*S*H, Laverne & Shirley, Rhoda, The Six Million Dollar Man, Dallas, Happy Days, Night Court, Knight Rider, Mr. Belvedere, Growing Pains, Newhart, Full House, Webster, The Golden Girls, Hunter and Columbo among others. In 1989, he had a recurring role as Sid Wilson on the first season of Baywatch. McManus' last known screen acting appearance was in a 2001 episode of According to Jim.
- Mother, Jugs & Speed (1976) - Walker
- Smokey and the Bandit (1977) - Trucker 'Silver Tongued Devil' (uncredited)
- The Kentucky Fried Movie (1977) - Hornung (segment "Courtroom")
- The World's Greatest Lover (1977) - Yes Man #5
- Fat Chance (1981) - Mike
- Poltergeist (1982) - Ben Tuthill
- Moving Violations (1985) - Farmer #1
- Head Office (1985) - Branch Kipp
- Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol (1987) - Todd
- Funland (1987) - T. G. Hurley
- Action Jackson (1988)
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946–Present, page 784
|This article about an American film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|