Michael Moore Hates America
|Michael Moore Hates America|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Michael Wilson|
|Produced by||Carr Hagerman|
|Written by||Michael Wilson|
|Narrated by||Michael Wilson|
|Edited by||Greg Browning|
|Distributed by||HCW Films|
The film and its poster are patterned after Moore's film Roger & Me, during which Moore attempts to chase down Roger Bonham Smith for an interview. In this case, Wilson seeks an interview with Moore. Wilson also adopts other aspects of Moore's style in his efforts at satirizing Moore. For instance, Wilson interviews a mix of Americans across the country and well-known figures like conservatives Dinesh D'Souza, David Horowitz and Andrew Breitbart, liberal Albert Maysles and fellow libertarians such as Penn Jillette and Tim Slagle. Wilson revisits some of Moore's shooting locations and subjects from Roger & Me and Bowling for Columbine, and attempts to discredit many aspects of Moore's films by showing the fabrications and misrepresentations Moore has made.
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film was found to receive a generally positive reception, with 75% of critics giving the movie favorable reviews. Some critics favored the film's examination of Moore's methods. The film was also nominated for Best Documentary from the New York International Independent Film and Video Festival.
- "Michael Moore Hates America". The New York Times. Archived from the original on May 30, 2008.
- Anderson, John (February 25, 2007). "Michael & Them: Filmmakers Chase Moore". The New York Times.
- Koehler, Robert (October 6, 2004). "Review: 'Michael Moore Hates America'". Variety.
- The Independent Film & Video Monthly. Foundation for Independent Video and Film. 2005. p. 9. Retrieved 6 October 2018.
The American Film Renaissance Film Festival in Dallas ... Michael Wilson's optimistic documentary Michael Moore Hates America received a 10- minute standing ovation.
- "Michael Moore Hates America". Rotten Tomatoes.