|Relatives||George Nader (uncle)|
Michael Nader (born February 18, 1945) is an American actor, known for his roles as Dex Dexter on the ABC primetime soap opera Dynasty from 1983 to 1989, and Dimitri Marick on the ABC daytime soap opera All My Children from 1991 to 2001, and in 2013.
Nader was born on February 19, 1945, in St. Louis, Missouri. His parents split up a few months after his birth. Nader accompanied his mother, Minette, when she moved to Los Angeles to pursue an entertainment career. He graduated from Palisades Charter High School in 1963.
Nader began his acting career in 1963 with small roles in several of American International Pictures Beach Party films, then billed as "Mike Nader". He later appeared in the recurring role of Siddo in the 1965–66 TV series Gidget, and had a small role in the 1968 film Blue. Nader's first soap opera role was playing Kevin Thompson on As the World Turns from 1975 to 1978. In 1983, he appeared in the NBC prime time soap opera Bare Essence as Alexi Theopolis.
Nader won the role of Farnsworth "Dex" Dexter, the eventual third husband of Alexis Colby (Joan Collins), on the prime time soap opera Dynasty in 1983. He remained on the series until its cancellation in 1989.
Nader appeared as Nazi officer Burchhardt in the 1988 television film The Great Escape II: The Untold Story. The same year, he co-starred as Nick Scalfone in the TV movie Lady Mobster. In 1990, he appeared as Enzio Bonnatti in the miniseries Lucky Chances.
Nader returned to soap operas in 1991, portraying Dimitri Marick, the husband of Erica Kane (Nader's Lady Mobster costar Susan Lucci), on the daytime drama All My Children. He played the role from 1991 to 1999 and from 2000 to 2001. Nader returned for All My Children's online revival in 2013.
Nader was hit by a drunk driver at age six, which left him with a visible facial scar.
He dated actress Ellen Barber for 10 years, with the relationship ending around the same time as his role on As the World Turns. Nader married Robin Weiss in June 1984, and a month later they had a daughter. He has been married to Beth Windsor since 1992.
In 1984, Nader admitted to previously having a drug problem, which prompted him to become sober in 1980. He was charged with drunk driving in 1997, and in 2001 was arrested for attempting to sell cocaine to an undercover police officer. Nader was let go from his role on All My Children soon after, with a statement from ABC that if he resolved his issues they would rehire him. They never did, and Nader sued the network, alleging that they never intended to bring him back to the show at all.
- Messing, Philip (February 25, 2001). "Soap Star Busted in 'Coke' Sale". New York Post. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Wallace, David (March 4, 1985). "As Dynasty's Dex, He's Pure Sex, but New Papa Michael Nader Tries a Little Tenderness". People. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Weller, Sheila (August 2006). "When Surfing, Malibu, and the Beach Life Became a National Phenomenon". Vanity Fair. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Meares, Hadley (July 19, 2018). "How a rag-tag group of surfers changed Malibu forever". Curbed. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Hastings, Julianne (April 19, 1984). "TV World: Dynasty newcomer Michael Nader still awed by characters popularity". United Press International. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Walker, Joseph (May 24, 1989). "Dynasty Cliffhanger is Just That". Deseret News. Retrieved September 25, 2010.
- O'Connor, John J. (November 7, 1988). "Review/Television; Derring-Do And Deceit In Wartime". The New York Times. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Hanauer, Joan (November 5, 1988). "Untold Story Told: he Great Escape II". Deseret News. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Werts, Diane (September 4, 2012). "The many roles of Susan Lucci". Newsday. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Shales, Tom (October 6, 1990). "Lots of Lucky". The Washington Post. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Hanauer, Joan (October 6, 1990). "Jackie Collins' Lucky/Chances". United Press International. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Fairman, Michael. "Exclusive All My Children's Michael Nader Interview: Fan Favorite As Dimitri Marick Comes Home To Pine Valley!". On-Air On-Soaps. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Michael Nader Returns To All My Children". Deadline Hollywood. May 13, 2013. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Michael Nader Opens Up About His AMC Return and the Mistake That Almost Convinced Him to Quit!". Soap Opera Network. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Michael Nader". Soaps.com. Retrieved September 4, 2018 – via soaps.sheknows.com.
- Archerd, Army (February 5, 2002). "Nader's death another sad finale to a glamorous H'w'd life". Vanity Fair. Retrieved September 4, 2018.