Michael Page (company)
|Public (LSE: MPI)|
|Headquarters||Weybridge, Surrey, UK|
|Robin Buchanan, Chairman
Stephen Ingham, CEO
|Revenue||£1,046.9 million (2014)|
|£78.5 million (2014)|
|£59.3 million (2014)|
Number of employees
The Company was formed in 1976 by Michael Page and Bill McGregor who placed accountants into permanent positions in the United Kingdom. Initially the pair worked in London, but by 1979 had opened offices in Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, Leeds and Bristol. In 1985 an office was opened in Australia, and the organisation opened in France in 1986. Michael Page himself retired in 1995, with Terry Benson appointed as Chief Executive in 1990.
In 1983 Michael Page International was first listed on the Unlisted Securities Market. Michael Page was admitted to the London Stock Exchange in 1988. In 1997 it was acquired by Spherion Corporation (formerly Interim Services Inc.). It was demerged from Spherion Corporation in 2001. In 2006 Terry Benson resigned, and Steve Ingham was appointed Chief Executive.
In October 2012, Michael Page International rebranded as PageGroup; the business started operating through three key brands: Page Executive, Michael Page and Page Personnel, supported by supplementary brands throughout their international locations.
PageGroup is a provider of permanent, contract and temporary recruitment for clerical professionals, qualified professionals and executives. The company is organised into three operational brands. Michael Page, Page Executive and Page Personnel. The Company specialises in the recruitment of qualified professionals across various disciplines.
- "Final Results 2014" (PDF). investis.com. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Key Facts". page.com. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Nick Pandya. "Michael Page International". the Guardian. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "About us". Michael Page. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Alistair Osborne (6 March 2001). "Hays plays down personnel fears". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Steve Ingham". recruiter.co.uk. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Michael Page rebrands as PageGroup Staffing Industry, 22 October 2012