Michael Poettoz (born August 21, 1998) is an alpine skier representing Colombia. Poettoz was born in Cali and was adopted by a French family when he was aged 21 months. Poettoz grew up and learned how to ski in Les Carroz d'Araches, France.
Poettoz became the first Colombian to compete in the Winter Youth Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway. In the slalom event, Poettoz did not finish the first run. In the giant slalom Poettoz finished 35th in the first run with a time of 1:24.70. Poettoz, however did not finish the second run.
- Colombia at the 2016 Winter Youth Olympics
- Colombia at the 2018 Winter Olympics
- Cynthia Denzler - First Colombian to compete at the Winter Olympics, in 2010
- FIS Profile
- "Michael Poettoz – The first ever Colombian at the Winter Youth Olympics!". International Olympic Committee. 4 February 2016. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- "Alpine Skiing Quota List for Olympic Games 2018". www.data.fis-ski.com/. International Ski Federation (FIS). 5 December 2017. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
|This biographical article relating to alpine skiing in Colombia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|