Michael Preston (American football)
Preston in the 2013 NFL season.
|No. -- Cleveland Gladiators|
|Date of birth:||June 1, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Cleveland, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||213 lb (97 kg)|
|High school:||Euclid (OH)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Career Arena statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Michael Preston (born June 1, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League (AFL). He was signed by the Tennessee Titans as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Heidelberg in Tiffin, Ohio.
Preston played high school football for the Euclid High School Panthers. He did not play on the varsity team until his senior year, when he recorded 12 receptions and two receiving touchdowns. He graduated in 2007.
Preston signed with the Utah Blaze on June 27, 2011 after going undrafted in the 2011 NFL Draft. He played in three games, recording 26 receptions for 319 yards and five touchdowns. He was placed on Other League Exempt by the Blaze on July 26, 2011.
Preston was signed by the Tennessee Titans on July 26, 2011. He was released by the Titans on September 2 and signed to the team's practice squad on September 4, 2011. He was re-signed by the Titans on January 2, 2012. Preston was released by the Titans on August 31 and signed to the team’s practice squad on September 1, 2012. He was promoted to the active roster on December 7, 2012. He was waived by the Titans on October 16, 2013, and signed to the team’s practice squad on October 16, 2013. Preston was promoted to the active roster on December 7, 2013. He recorded three receptions for 27 yards and the first two touchdown catches of his career on December 15, 2013 against the Arizona Cardinals. He was released by the Titans on August 31, 2014. For his NFL career, Preston recorded ten catches for 96 yards and two touchdowns.
San Jose SaberCats
Preston signed with the San Jose SaberCats on October 23, 2014.
Preston was signed by the Miami Dolphins on January 7, 2015. He was released by the team on August 23, 2015.
- Cass, Andrew (January 31, 2014). "NFL receiver Michael Preston talks to Richmond Heights students". news-herald.com. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "Michael Preston" (PDF). prod.static.titans.clubs.nfl.com. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "Historical Team Transactions". arenafan.com. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "Michael Preston". kffl.com. Archived from the original on December 5, 2014. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "Local sports digest: Stanford picked fifth, Cal seventh in Pac-12 basketball media poll". mercurynews.com. October 23, 2014. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- "MICHAEL PRESTON". foxsports.com. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- "Waters signs with CFL's Tiger-Cats". nonpareilonline.com. April 20, 2016. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- "Tiger-Cats release 11 players, including veteran Eric Norwood". torontosun.com. May 3, 2016. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- "Transactions". afldigital.com. Retrieved March 22, 2017.