The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michael D. Prysner
Prysner in 2013
|Born||June 15, 1983|
|Political party||Party for Socialism and Liberation (PSL)|
|Residence||New York, New York, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Florida Atlantic University|
|Branch/service||United States Army|
|Years of service||2001–2005|
Michael Prysner (born June 15, 1983) is an American political activist. He is the co-founder of March Forward!, an organization of active-duty members of the US military and veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars who encourages current active-duty service personnel to resist deployment.
Prysner is a US Army veteran who served in Iraq. His rank was corporal. According to Prysner, his duties in Iraq included ground surveillance, home raids and the interrogation of prisoners, and these experiences led him to take a radical anti-war stand.
In March 2008, Prysner was in a panel discussion called Winter Soldier: Iraq & Afghanistan held in Maryland. There spoke publicly about his time in Iraq as a soldier and his personal view on this war. His testimony became known as the "Our Real Enemies" speech and it begged a standing ovation in the end.
Also, in 2008, Prysner ran a write-in campaign for the US House of Representatives for Florida's 22nd congressional district (Boca Raton).
Prysner is also a producer and co-writer for the program The Empire Files, with Abby Martin. Michael Prysner and Abby Martin reportedly received death threats for their reporting on protests from the Venezuelan opposition. Prysner also occasionally appears on The Jimmy Dore show.
- “U. S. sought to set up sham state in Iraq”, Tehran Times, 26 July 2010 Archived 6 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Veterans Group Calls on Military to Refuse Deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq - Salem-News.Com". www.salem-news.com. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Soilder Mike Prysner: A War Veteran "Our Real Enemies Speech"
- "Gale - Product Login". find.galegroup.com. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Hassina Leelarathna “Los Angeles Lankans protest UN interference”, Daily News – Sri Lanka, 3 May 2011 Archived 4 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Local, Univision. "Univision 34 Los Angeles". Univision. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Radio, Southern California Public (7 December 2011). "16 complaints filed about Occupy LA raid". Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- Empire Files (2015-09-05), The Rise of History's Biggest Empire, retrieved 2017-03-17
- Empire Files (2016-01-19), Untouchable Big Oil Threatens All Life On Earth, retrieved 2017-03-17
- "Instagram post by The Empire Files • Sep 4, 2016 at 11:12am UTC". Instagram. Retrieved 2017-03-17.
- Cite error: The named reference
:0was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Skit 6 by Lowkey". BestEverAlbums.com. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Michael Prysner|
|This biographical article related to the United States military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|