Michael R. Williams
Williams was named to the position in 2013 by the University of North Texas System Board of Regents to succeed Scott Ransom. Prior to his appointment, Williams served as CEO of Hill Country Memorial Hospital in Fredericksburg, Texas. Hill Country Memorial received a Best Practices award from the judges of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2013. Williams also served on the UNT System Board of Regents.
Williams earned his bachelor's degree in biology from Texas Wesleyan University in 1977 and his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.) degree from the University of North Texas Health Science Center in 1981. He then completed his residency in general surgery at Methodist Dallas Medical Center and anesthesiology/critical care at Parkland Memorial Hospital where he served as chief resident.
- Office of the President - UNT Health Science Center
- Baldrige honor touches UNTHSC president
- Michael Williams officially named President of UNT Health Science Center Archived 2013-09-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- Williams named to U.S. News & World Report Hospital of Tomorrow Advisory Council
- U.S. News & World Report's Hospital of Tomorrow Advisory Council
- Meet Dr. Williams
|President of University of North Texas Health Science Center