Raymond-James in 2013.
December 24, 1977
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Michael Raymond-James (born Michael Weverstad; December 24, 1977) is an American actor. He is best known for playing René Lenier in the first season of the HBO series True Blood, Britt Pollack on the FX series Terriers, and Neal Cassidy/Baelfire on the ABC series Once Upon a Time.
Life and career
Raymond-James was born in Detroit, Michigan, and graduated Clarkston High School in 1996, where he was a football and track standout. He started out doing theater and studied at the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in New York, with George Loros, Geoffrey Horne and Robert Castle. Following several stage appearances in New York, including 'The Petrified Forest' at the Pantheon Theater, he relocated to Los Angeles.
He has guest starred in such series as CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, NCIS, Medium, Boston Legal, ER and the season two premiere of Lie to Me. He starred in the FX original series Terriers which was canceled by FX on December 6, 2010 after the first season.
In his feature debut Raymond-James played the best friend of Justin Timberlake's character in Black Snake Moan with Christina Ricci and Samuel Jackson. The actor also starred in Jonny Hirschbein's award-winning short film 'The Fix,' working alongside Robert Patrick and David Paymer. His feature-film credits include 'Moonlight Serenade,' starring as a piano prodigy opposite Academy Award Nominee Amy Adams.
|2006||Black Snake Moan||Gill|
|2013||Road to Paloma||Irish|
|2016||The Finest Hours||D.A. Brown|
|2003||Line of Fire||Threat||Episode: "Take the Money and Run"|
|The Handler||Mace||Episode: "Off the Edge"|
|2004||ER||Mr. Tunny||Episode: "Try Carter"|
|North Shore||Damien Pruitt||Episode: "Meteor Shower"|
|2005||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Aaron Colite||Episode: "Unbearable"|
|2006||Boston Legal||Kevin Armus||Episode: "Ivan the Incorrigible"|
|Medium||Travis McQueen||Episode: "Ghost in the Machine"|
|2008–2011||True Blood||Rene Leiner||14 episodes|
|2009||ER||Jordan||Episode: "Dream Runner"|
|ER||Stuart Moore||Episode: "The Family Man"|
|Cold Case||John "Shameless" Clark '76||Episode: "Jackals"|
|Lie to Me||Gavin Howell||Episode: "The Core of It"|
|Life||Tex||Episode: "Canyon Flowers"|
|Last of the Ninth||Tommy "Babyface" Leone||Television film|
|2010||Saving Grace||Westy Stevenson||Episode: "Hear the Birds?"|
|Terriers||Britt Pollack||13 episodes|
|2011||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Eddie Skinner||Episode: "Smoked"|
|2012||The Walking Dead||Dave||Episode: "Nebraska"|
|2015||Sons of Liberty||Paul Revere||TV miniseries|
|2012–2016||Once Upon a Time||Neal Cassidy/Baelfire||24 episodes|
|2016||Game of Silence||Gil Harris||10 Episodes|
|Lethal Weapon||Chad Jackson||Episode: "Spilt Milk"|
- Exclusive Audio Interview with Michael Raymond-James | True-Blood.net - The Authority on all things True Blood
- "Interview: 'Terriers' stars Donal Logue & Michael Raymond-James". www.hitfix.com. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "'True Blood' Michael Raymond James joins 'The Walking Dead'". www.digitalspy.com. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "True Blood's Michael Raymond-James Joins Once Upon a Time". www.tvguide.com. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "'Once Upon a Time': Michael Raymond-James on Neal's Mysterious Background (Q&A)". www.hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "Once Upon a Time: Michael Raymond-James returns for 100th episode". www.ew.com. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "True Blood's Michael Raymond-James Joins Tom Cruise In One Shot". www.cinemablend.com. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "'Sons Of Liberty': Michael Raymond-James On Recreating Paul Revere's Midnight Ride". www.accesshollywood.com. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- "Michael Raymond-James Previews Game of Silence's Looming 'Hurricane,' Weighs In on Once Upon a Time Encore". tvline.com. Retrieved 22 September 2016.