Los Angeles, California
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
|Occupation||Private Equity Investor, Publisher|
|Known for||Chairman, Regent, L.P.|
Michael Reinstein was born in Los Angeles, California. He attended Southern Methodist University and graduated from the University of Southern California and Pepperdine University School of Law. He is a member of the State Bar of California.
Reinstein is the founder and Chairman of Regent, a multi-sector private equity firm. Reinstein started his career as an intern under former President Ronald Reagan and later worked at ICM Partners. He is currently the chairman of several Regent businesses, including Sunset, La Senza, Regis Salons, Supercuts UK, Lillian Vernon and Sightline Media Group. He also serves as the Publisher of Regent's various newspaper, magazine and media properties including Sunset Magazine, Defense News, Army Times, Navy Times, Air Force Times, Marine Corps Times, Armed Forces Journal, and Federal Times among others. He was the Chief Executive Officer of The Franklin Mint as well as CEO of CinemaNow.
In October 2017, Regent purchased the luxury salon business from Regis Corporation which employs 9.800 people and operates over 1,100 stores under multiple brands including Regis, MasterCuts, Hennessey and Carlton Hair in North America.
In December 2017, Time Inc. announced the sale of the iconic Sunset brand to Regent. Sunset was founded in 1898 and serves an audience of 6.5 million across its digital, print and social platforms.
In January 2019, L Brands the parent company of Victorias Secret sold its La Senza subsidiary to Regent. Founded in 1966, La Senza is a leading retailer of lingerie and sleepwear in North America and internationally. La Senza employs over 2,000 associates globally and currently operates 130 company-owned stores in the United States and Canada and an additional 187 stores via its international franchise partners spanning 36 countries across the Middle East, Northern Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe and South East Asia.  
Reinstein has also served on several private and public company boards including Pegasus Solutions, and NexTag as well as the Australian Stock Exchange listed technology company Structural Monitoring Systems.
- "Michael Reinstein: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "SMN.AU Company Profile & Executives - Structural Monitoring Systems PLC - Wall Street Journal". quotes.wsj.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "Time Inc. sells Sunset to private equity firm for $20M: sources". New York Post. 2017-11-30. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "Current sold to equity firm | Colorado Springs Gazette, News". gazette.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "Time Inc. sells Sunset magazine to LA-based private equity firm - Talking New MediaTalking New Media | The digital publishing website". www.talkingnewmedia.com. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "Elaine Howard returns to Sightline Media". defensenews.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- Todd Spangler. "FilmOn Buys CinemaNow Movie, TV Download Service | Variety". variety.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- Severson, Kim (2017-11-30). "Sunset Magazine Is Sold to a California Private Equity Firm". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- "Pegasus Solutions names Scott Gibson as CEO | News | Breaking Travel News". breakingtravelnews.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.
- "Exclusive: Pegasus Solutions Spins Off Reservations Business to Regent Equity Partners – Skift". skift.com. Retrieved 2016-07-13.