Michael Richards (sculptor)
Life and career
Richards' 1999 sculpture Tar Baby vs. St. Sebastian, was cast from his own body and resembles a Tuskegee Airman whose body is being pierced by airplane, reminiscent of iconography for St. Sebastian. Today the piece is in the collection of the North Carolina Museum of Art.
- Haasim (September 15, 2010). The Sculpture of Michael Rolando Richards.. The Black Art Depot Today
- Staff report (September 25, 2001). Artnet News Artnet
- "Remembering Michael Richards". studiomuseum.org. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "9/11 victim's 'Tar Baby' now on display". DeseretNews.com. 11 January 2004. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- Marks, Peter; Vogel, Carol (September 17, 2001). Arts Groups at a Tragedy's Center Try to Assess Where to Begin. New York Times
|This article about an American sculptor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|