January 18, 1964|
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
|Died||May 15, 2016
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
Michael Roberds (January 18, 1964 – May 15, 2016) was a Canadian actor.
Roberds began reading by the age of three. He performed the role of Big Bird in the school play "Christmas on Sesame Street" at age five. He entertained his neighbours by reading them jokes at parties and quickly grew to enjoy the attention. Throughout his school career, he was active in theater productions and began acting professionally in 1987 when he did his first television commercial for GM.
He wrote and performed sketches for David Chalk's Computer Show, in addition to roles on the mystery drama series Strange Luck and in Ernest Goes to School starring Jim Varney. He starred on Fox Family's The New Addams Family as Uncle Fester. His television guest appearances include Da Vinci's City Hall and Police Academy. Roberds was also a member of the comedy troupe "Almost Midnight".
Death and legacy
Roberds died after a brief illness on May 15, 2016.
- "Michael Roberds, who played Uncle Fester in "The New Addams Family", dead at 52". Vancity Buzz.
- Alex Browne. "Popular player passes". Peace Arch News.
- Tom Zillich. "Friends mourn actor Michael Roberds, who played Uncle Fester on 'The New Addams Family' in 1990s". Surrey Now.
- Michael Roberds at the Internet Movie Database
- TV.com : Michael Roberds
- Brenna and Brittany Interview - Michael Roberds - August 1999
- Michael Roberds(Aveleyman)
|This article about a Canadian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|