July 13, 1966 |
|Darts||Unicorn Global Michael Rosenauer 19g|
|Organisation (see split in darts)|
|Current world ranking||181|
|BDO majors - best performances|
|World Masters||Last 16: 2006|
|World Darts Trophy||Last 40: 2007|
|PDC premier events - best performances|
|World Ch'ship||Last 64: 2008|
|European Ch'ship||Last 32: 2012|
|UK Open||Last 160: 2011|
|Other tournament wins|
Rosenauer created controversy when he chose to play in the 2008 PDC World Darts Championship, having won qualification for the 2008 BDO World Darts Championship. Rosenauer claimed one of the places for the event at the Lakeside, but at the same time, he topped the German Darts Corporation Order of Merit, which grants a place in the PDC World Championship and in the end, he withdrew from the BDO World Championship to play in the PDC version instead. He went on to lose in the first round to Mervyn King.
In 2012, Rosenauer earned a place in the European Tour Event 1 in Vienna by defeating Alexander Tauber and Tomas Seyler in the European qualifier. He played Richie Burnett in the first round and lost 4–6. Rosenauer also qualified for the second European Tour event in June, with wins over Karsten Kornath and Jyhan Artut in the Home Nation Qualifier. He beat world number 8 Andy Hamilton in the first round 6–4, before losing to Dave Chisnall 1–6 in round two. Rosenauer lost to Ronnie Baxter 1–6 in the first round of the 2012 European Championship. In an attempt to reach the 2013 World Championship, Rosenauer was defeated 5–6 by Dragutin Horvat in the quarter-finals of the Central European Qualifier. Rosenauer was ranked world number 78 after the event, outside of the top 64 who retain their tour cards for 2013.
In the next two years Rosenauer curtailed his darts schedule and only competed in European Tour events. In 2014 he qualified for the European Darts Open, European Darts Grand Prix and European Darts Trophy, losing in the second round of the first two and the opening round of the latter. He did attempt to qualify for the 2015 UK Open but could not win enough games. Rosenauer qualified for the European Darts Open, but lost 6–5 to Jamie Lewis in the first round.
World Championship results
- 2008: First round (lost to Mervyn King 2–3)
- "European Qualifiers Win Austria Spots". PDC. 8 April 2012. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Austrian Open Day One". PDC. 27 April 2012. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "German Aces Win Berlin Spots". PDC. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "German Darts Champs Day One". PDC. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "German Darts Champs Day Two". PDC. Retrieved 23 June 2012.
- "PartyPoker.net Euro Champs - Thurs". PDC. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "2012 PDC World Central European Qualifying Event Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Order of Merit on 1 January 2013". PDC. Archived from the original on 23 January 2013. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "Michael Rosenauer 2014". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
- "Michael Rosenauer 2015". Darts Database. Archived from the original on 14 November 2015. Retrieved 14 November 2015.
- "2015 PDC European Darts Open Results". Darts Database. Retrieved 14 November 2015.