Michael S. Heiser
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michael S. Heiser is an American biblical Old Testament scholar and Christian author who has criticized ancient alien astronaut theorists. His area of expertise is the nature of the spiritual realm in the Bible, namely the Divine council and hierarchy of the spiritual order. He is Executive Director of the School of Ministry at Celebration Church in Jacksonville, Florida. He was a Distance learning professor at Liberty University and Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Until 2019, he was scholar-in-residence at Faithlife Corporation
He runs his own podcast, The Naked Bible and runs a ministry called Miqlat, dedicated to the production and dissemination of his content. Heiser appeared in the 2018 documentary film Fragments of Truth.
Heiser was raised in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. He received an MA in Ancient History from the University of Pennsylvania, and an MA and PhD in the Hebrew Bible and Semitic Languages from the University of Wisconsin–Madison (with a minor in Classical studies). Heiser received his undergraduate degree from Bob Jones University and also attended Bible college for three years.
Criticism of ancient astronaut theories
Heiser has spoken out critically against proponents of ancient astronauts theories, especially Zechariah Sitchin. Heiser appeared in Ancient Aliens Debunked as an expert on the Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near Eastern texts.
- Heiser, Michael S. (2012). The Facade: Book 1 of the Facade Saga. Kirkdale Press. ISBN 978-1577995685.
- ——— (2014). The Portent: Book 2 of the Facade Saga. Kirkdale Press. ISBN 978-1577995616.
- ——— (2015). I Dare You Not to Bore Me with The Bible. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press. ISBN 978-1577995395.
- ——— (2015). The Unseen Realm: Recovering the Supernatural Worldview of the Bible. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press. ISBN 978-1-577-99556-2.
- ——— (2015). Supernatural: What the Bible Teaches About the Unseen World - and Why It Matters. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press. ISBN 978-1577995586.
- ——— (2017). Reversing Hermon: Enoch, the Watchers, and the Forgotten Mission of Jesus Christ. Defender Publishing. ISBN 978-0-998-14263-0.
- ——— (2017). The Bible Unfiltered: Approaching Scripture on Its Own Terms. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press. ISBN 978-1-683-59040-8.
- ——— (2018). Angels: What the Bible Really Says About God's Heavenly Host. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press. ISBN 978-1-683-59104-7.
- "Dr. Michael Heiser, Ph.D, stating his beliefs". Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Bio for Dr. Michael Heiser, Ph.D." Logos. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Dr. Michael S. Heiser". 2018-12-15. Retrieved 2019-01-06.
- "Dr. Michael S. Heiser" (PDF).
- Fragments of Truth | Official Trailer, retrieved 2018-04-24
- "About". Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "Bio for Dr. Michael Heiser, Ph.D." Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "Dr. Michael S. Heiser CV" (PDF). February 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "NTR – Dr. Michael Heiser Interview". Nowhere to Run with Chris White. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "Ancient Aliens Debunked". Ancient Aliens Debunked. Retrieved 2014-06-16.