Michael Patrick Sheetz is a cell biologist at Columbia University, and a Distinguished Professor and the founding Director of the Mechanobiology Institute at the National University of Singapore. He pioneered mechanobiology and biomechanics.
In 1968, Sheetz earned bachelor's degree at Albion College, and in 1972 get his Ph.D. at the California Institute of Technology. In 1985 he became a professor of cell biology and physiology at the Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. Since 1990 he is the William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor of Cell Biology at Columbia University, New York.
- 2012 Wiley Prize in Biomedical Sciences
- 2012 Albert Lasker Award for Basic Medical Research
- 2013 Massry Prize
- 2014 Keith R. Porter Lecture to American Society for Cell Biology
- Eleventh Annual Wiley Prize In Biomedical Sciences Awarded To Dr. Michael Sheetz, Dr. James Spudich, And Dr. Ronald Vale
- Albert Lasker Award for Basic Medical Research 2012 Winners bei der Lasker Foundation (laskerfoundation.org); abgerufen am 10. September 2012
- "Keith R. Porter Lecture Award". ASCB. Retrieved 7 January 2015.