16 May 1993 |
Auckland, New Zealand
|Height||179 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||94 kg (14 st 11 lb)|
|Position||Second-row, Hooker, Lock|
|As of 22 August 2015|
|Source:  & Love Rugby League|
Michael Sio (born 16 May 1993) is a New Zealand-born professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the Wakefield Trinity Wildcats in the Super League. He primarily plays as a hooker and has represented Samoa at the 2013 Rugby League World Cup, 2014 Four Nations and 2015 Polynesian Cup.
Sio played junior league for the Marist Saints before he was signed by the New Zealand Warriors. He played for the Junior Warriors in the Holden Cup, captaining the side in 2013. At the end of the 2013 season he was awarded the Sonny Fai Medal as the Junior Warriors' player of the year.
In May 2014, Michael played for Samoa in the 2014 Pacific International. On 7 October 2014, Sio was selected in the Samoan side for the 2014 Four Nations series. He came in as a late replacement to play in the 2015 Polynesian Cup test-match.
- "Michael Sio Wakefield Wildcats". www.superleague.co.uk. Rugby Football League. 2015. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Michael Sio rugbyleagueproject.org
- League player balances books and ball stuff.co.nz, 1 April 2011
- Vodafone Player of the Year: Michael Sio warriors.co.nz, 19 September 2013
- Michael Sio warriors.co.nz
- Sio called into Samoa squad to replace injured Iosefa rleague.com,25 October 2013
- Former Warriors duo join Cutters rugbyleagueweek.com.au, 27 November 2014