|Also known as||Michael Kelly Smith|
|Genres||Glam metal, hard rock|
Michael Schermick (born 1958), known professionally as Michael Kelly Smith, is an American guitarist who played for the glam metal bands Cinderella and Britny Fox. Schermick and drummer Tony Destra were fired from Cinderella in 1985 at the request of the record label, Polygram.
Following his departure from Cinderella, he joined up with Tony Destra, Dean Davidson, Billy Childs and Johnny Dee to form Britny Fox and became their lead guitarist. Schermick played on every album released by Britny Fox until their breakup in 1992.
Prior to Cinderella and Britny Fox, Michael had been a guitarist in the bands Atlantic Star, Telepath, Psychopath, Diamonds, Saints in Hell and The Priscella Harriet Band.
He also played in a band known as Razamanaz featuring Cory Massi on lead vocals and guitar, Joe Bisbing on bass, and Steve Attig on drums.
- "Shake Me"/"Nobody's Fool" (7") 1983.
With Britny Fox
- Britny Fox (1988)
- Boys In Heat (1989)
- Bite Down Hard (1991)
- Long Way to Live! (2000)
- The Best of Britny Fox (2001)
- Springhead Motorshark (2003)
- Razamanaz (2003)
- Phillips, William. Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal Music. Greenwich, Connecticut: Greenwood Press. pp. 45–46. ISBN 978-0-313-34800-6. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Talevski, Nick (2006). Rock Obituaries - Knocking On Heaven's Door. London: Omnibus Press. p. 130. ISBN 978-1-84609-091-2. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Taylor, Carlson T. (June 2014). HAIRcyclopedia Vol. 1 - The Legends. p. 43. ISBN 978-1-312-28618-4. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- Carlson, Taylor T. HAIRcyclopedia Vol. 1 - The Legends. p. 37. ISBN 978-1-312-28618-4. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Razamanaz". www.nolifetilmetal.com. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Michael, Instructor at Horsham Music & Arts in PA". stores.musicarts.com.
|This article about a United States guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|