Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School
The UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School is the graduate business school of University College Dublin (UCD) and is located in Blackrock in Dublin, Republic of Ireland, on the site of the former Carysfort College, a teacher training college. Undergraduate business education is provided by the Quinn School of Business on the main Belfield campus of UCD.
The Smurfit School is a member institution of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), the quality improvement system administered by the European Foundation for Management Development, and the Association of MBAs. The school is also a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education, an alliance of 26 academic institutions and over 50 leading multinational corporations.
The Financial Times ranked the MSc in International Management 15th in the world in 2017. The Economist Intelligence Unit ranked the full-time MBA programme 63rd in the world in 2014. The Financial Times ranked the school 73rd in the world's top 100 full-time MBA programs (2015), while it ranked the Smurfit School's executive MBA programme 94th in the world (2014) and 41st in Europe (2015). Smurfit is the only Irish institute that has made into top 100 in the Financial Times rankings.
- Business Analytics
- Banking & Finance
- Digital Innovation
- Industrial Relation & Human Resources
- International Business
- Business Management
- Marketing Practice *Management Consultancy
Teachers and Professors
- Michael Beary – Irish Army general
- Sarah Carey – columnist and broadcaster
- Ciarán Hope – Fulbright Scholar and composer of orchestral, choral, and film music
- Conor McNamara – sports commentator
- Derval O'Rourke – athlete
- Nóirín O'Sullivan – Garda Commissioner
- Julie-Ann Russell – footballer