Michael T. Goodrich
Michael T. Goodrich is a mathematician and computer scientist. He is a Chancellor's Professor and the chair of Department of Computer Science, of Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences, a school of University of California, Irvine.
He received his B.A. in Mathematics and Computer Science from Calvin College in 1983 and his PhD in Computer Sciences from Purdue University in 1987 under the supervision of Mikhail Atallah. He then served as a professor in the Department of Computer Science at Johns Hopkins University until 2001 and has since been a Chancellor's Professor at the University of California, Irvine in the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences.
Awards and honors
Goodrich is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, a Fulbright Scholar, a Fellow of the IEEE, and a Fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery. In 2018 he was elected as a foreign member of the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters.
He is also a recipient of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award in 2006, the DARPA Spirit of Technology Transfer Award, and the ACM Recognition of Service Award.
- Goodrich, Michael T. "Michael T. Goodrich". Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- AAAS - 2007 Fellows Archived 2011-08-06 at the Wayback Machine., retrieved 2010-07-24.
- IEEE Fellow Class of 2009, retrieved 2010-07-24.
- Computer science professor named engineering fellow Archived 2012-08-05 at Archive.is, UC Irvine Today, December 5, 2008.
- ACM: Fellows Award / Michael T. Goodrich, retrieved 2010-07-24.
- Computer scientist elected to Royal Danish Academy of Sciences & Letters, University of California, Irvine, April 24, 2018, retrieved 2018-05-04
- 2006 Technical Achievement Award Recipient, IEEE Computer Society, retrieved 2018-05-04