Michael Warrender, 3rd Baron Bruntisfield
He was educated at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst and joined the Irish Guards before being sponsored to undertake a degree at Durham University. He graduated in 1972 with a BA in General Studies, and belonged to Hatfield College. Warrender was Captain of Hatfield College Swimming Club in 1970.
Warrender served in the Army until 1986 - serving with the 1st Battalion Irish Guards as Second in Command whilst with BAOR in Munster, leaving as a Major - for a new career in investment management. He succeeded his father to the barony on 14 July 2007. The new Lord Bruntisfield is married to a German noblewoman Walburga Baronin von Twickel (b. 1952), and has a son who is the new heir apparent to the barony of Bruntisfield, John Michael Patrick Caspar Warrender (b. 1 June 1996).
- "Durham University gazette, XIX (ns), supplement". reed.dur.ac.uk. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- Moyes, Arthur (2007). Be the Best You Can Be: A History of Sport at Hatfield College. Hatfield College Trust. p. 265.
- "Bruntisfield, 3rd Baron, (Michael John Victor Warrender) (born 9 Jan. 1949)". Who's Who 2018. Retrieved 7 October 2018.
- "Bruntisfield, Baron (UK, 1942)". www.cracroftspeerage.co.uk. Retrieved 12 March 2018.
- Darryl Landy. The Peerage database online. Entry for the 3rd Lord Bruntisfield last edited 1 September 2005. 
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
| Baron Bruntisfield
Hon. John Warrender
|This biography of a baron in the peerage of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|