Michael Weiß (football manager)
|Full name||Hans Michael Weiß|
|Date of birth||11 March 1965|
|Place of birth||Dannenfels, West Germany|
|2001–2004||Kyoto Purple Sanga (assistant manager)|
|2004–2006||China U-20 (assistant manager)|
|2007–2010||Rwanda (technical director)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.|
In January 2011, he took charge of the Philippines national football team after being referred by the German Football Association in January 2011. Under him, the Azkals rose to their highest-ever placing in the FIFA rankings, 127 (which was later surpassed, 124 under new coach Thomas Dooley). On 15 January 2014, the Philippine Football Federation officially announced that his services had been discontinued.
In June 2014, he took the control of Romanian former champions Oțelul Galați. He was sacked only three months later after a single win in seven games.
On January 18, 2017 it was reported that Weiß was appointed by the Mongolia national football team as their head coach during a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Mongolian Football Federation on January 17.
- As of 31 December 2013.
|Philippines||January 2011||December 2014||44||21||11||12||47.73|
- Olivares, Rick (2010-12-30). "Germans Offer Assistance, Coach For Pinoy Azkals". BusinessMirror.com.ph. Makati: Philippine Business Daily Mirror Publishing, Inc. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- Hoffmann, Felix (2011-01-05). "German football coaches changing lives in Rwanda". DW-World.de. Deutsche Welle. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- Cordero, Abac (2011-01-09). "Wise move? Azkals tap German coach". PhilStar.com. PhilStar Daily Inc. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- Tupas, Jeffrey M. (2011-01-09). "PFF approves hiring of German coach for Azkals". Inquirer.net. Philippine Daily Inquirer Inc. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- Andrew Jackson Oryada (25 April 2014). "Ratomir Dujkovic on shortlist for Rwanda coach position". BBC Sport. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "La selección de Mongolia contrata al alemán Hans Michael Weiss como técnico" [The Mongolian National Team contracts German Hans Michael Weiss as coach]. La Vanguardia (in Spanish). Xinhua. 18 January 2017. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
- Oyundelger, B. "Mongolian national football team to be trained by German coach". Montsame. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
|This biographical article relating to German football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|