Michaela von Habsburg
|Archduchess of Austria|
13 September 1954 |
Würzburg, Lower Franconia, Bavaria, West Germany
|Spouse||Eric Teran d'Antin
(m. 1984, div. 1994)
Count Hubertus von Kageneck
(m. 1994, div. 1998)
|Issue||Marc Joan d'Antin
Carla Regina d'Antin
Justin Christopher d'Antin
|Father||Crown Prince Otto of Austria|
|Mother||Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen|
|Austrian imperial family|
Michaela von Habsburg (Michaela Maria Madeleine Kiliana Habsburg-Lothringen) Archduchess Michaela of Austria (born 13 September 1954, in Würzburg), The family name of Michaela Habsburg's father was declared to be Habsburg-Lothringen by an Austrian ministerial decision in 1957 and by a German court (Landgericht Würzburg) on 16 July 1958.
Otto was de facto stateless, living in Germany with a Spanish diplomatic passport, and was denied both entry to Austria and an Austrian passport. Otto's official name as a German citizen from 1978 was Otto von Habsburg. Michaela von Habsburg (Michaela Maria Madeleine Kiliana Habsburg-Lothringen) Princess Imperial and Archduchess of Austria, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia, Countess of Kageneck (born 13 September 1954, in Würzburg), is the daughter of Otto von Habsburg and Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen. She is the twin sister of Monika von Habsburg.
Marriage and issue
She married Eric Alba Teran d'Antin (1920–2004) on 14 January 1984 in Antón, Panama. They were divorced in 1994. After her divorce she married Count Hubertus von Kageneck, son of Count Franz Joseph von Kageneck and Princess Elisabeth Maria of Bavaria, on 22 October 1994. They divorced in 1998.
She has three children by Eric Teran d'Antin:
- Marc Joan Teran d'Antin (b. 7 May 1984); married 2012 to Tricia Johnston
- Carla Regina Teran d'Antin (b. 17 August 1987)
- Justin Christopher Teran d'Antin (b. 10 February 1989)
Titles, styles and honours
- 13 September 1954 – Present: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Archduchess Michaela of Austria
National dynastic honour
- Parmese Ducal Royal Family: Knight Officer of the Parmese Royal Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George
- Royal and noble titles were abolished in Austria and Hungary by the Adelsaufhebungsgesetz of 3 April 1919.
- "RIS - Gesamte Rechtsvorschrift für Habsburgergesetz - Bundesrecht konsolidiert, Fassung vom 13.11.2016". Ris.bka.gv.at. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Von Habsburg Gets Royal Boot". Los Angeles Times. 2 July 1990. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XVI. "Haus Österreich". C.A. Starke Verlag, 2001, pp. 87-89; ISBN 9783798008243.
- Paul Theroff. "Gotha". Angelfire.com. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Photographic image: Franz von Bayern Hinten & Georg von Habsburg Michaela" (JPG). C8.alamy.com. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- "Photographic image: Archduke Karl of Austria & Archduchess Gabriela and Michaela of Dan" (JPG). C7-alamy.com. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- "Photographic image: Daughters of the deceased Duchess Andrea & Michaela and Gabriela" (JPG). C7-alalmy.org. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- "Photographic image" (JPG). S-media-cache-ak0-pinimg.com. Retrieved 11 March 2011.