Michaela von Habsburg
|Michaela von Habsburg|
|Countess von Kageneck|
|Born||13 September 1954|
Würzburg, Lower Franconia, Bavaria, West Germany
Eric Alba-Teran d'Antin
(m. 1984; div. 1994)
Count Hubertus von Kageneck
(m. 1994; div. 1998)
|Issue||Marc Juan d'Antin |
Carla Regina d'Antin
Justin Christopher d'Antin
|Father||Otto, Crown Prince of Austria|
|Mother||Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen|
Michaela von Habsburg (Michaela Maria Madeleine Kiliana Habsburg-Lothringen) was born 13 September 1954, in Würzburg. She is the twin sister of Monika von Habsburg, and daughter of Otto von Habsburg and Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen.
Michaela von Habsburg was born in Würzburg, Bavaria, the third child of Otto von Habsburg, the crown prince of Austria, and his wife, Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen. She is the younger twin sister of Monika von Habsburg. She was raised at her parents' home in exile, Villa Austria, in Pöcking, Bavaria.
She is a granddaughter of the last Austrian emperor, Charles I. However, she does not use her ancestral titles as a member of the House of Habsburg, since the use of such titles is illegal in Hungary and Austria.
Marriage and issue
After her divorce, she married Count Hubertus von Kageneck (born 10 August 1940 in Wittlich), son of Count Franz Joseph von Kageneck and Princess Elisabeth Maria of Bavaria, on 22 October 1994 in Naples, Florida. This was Count Hubertus' fourth marriage. They divorced in 1998.
She has three children by Eric Alba-Teran d'Antin:
- Marc Juan Alba-Teran d'Antin (born 7 May 1984 in Panama City)
- Carla Regina Alba-Teran d'Antin (born 17 August 1987 in New York City)
- Justin Christopher Alba-Teran d'Antin (born 10 February 1989 in New York City)
Titles, styles and honours
Titles and styles
- 13 September 1954 – present: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Archduchess Michaela of Austria
- House of Habsburg: Dame of the Imperial and Royal Order of the Starry Cross, 1st Class
- Parmese Ducal Royal Family: Knight Officer of the Parmese Royal Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George
|Ancestors of Michaela von Habsburg|
- Royal and noble titles were abolished in Austria and Hungary by the Adelsaufhebungsgesetz of 3 April 1919.
- "RIS - Gesamte Rechtsvorschrift für Habsburgergesetz - Bundesrecht konsolidiert, Fassung vom 13.11.2016". Ris.bka.gv.at. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Von Habsburg Gets Royal Boot". Los Angeles Times. 2 July 1990. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XVI. "Haus Österreich". C.A. Starke Verlag, 2001, pp. 87-89; ISBN 9783798008243.
- Montgomery-Massingberd, Hugh. "Burke’s Royal Families of the World: Volume I Europe & Latin America, 1977, pp. 18, 32. ISBN 0-85011-023-8
- "RIS - Gesamte Rechtsvorschrift für Habsburgergesetz - Bundesrecht konsolidiert, Fassung vom 09.08.2015". bka.gv.at.
- Paul Theroff. "Gotha". Angelfire.com. Retrieved 13 November 2016.
- "Photographic image: Franz von Bayern Hinten & Georg von Habsburg Michaela" (JPG). C8.alamy.com. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- "Photographic image: Archduke Karl of Austria & Archduchess Gabriela and Michaela of Dan" (JPG). C7-alamy.com. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- "Photographic image: Daughters of the deceased Duchess Andrea & Michaela and Gabriela" (JPG). C7-alalmy.org. Retrieved 11 March 2011.
- "Photographic image" (JPG). S-media-cache-ak0-pinimg.com. Retrieved 11 March 2011.