May 6, 1992 |
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||198 lb (90 kg; 14 st 2 lb)|
|HC Sparta Praha
HC Slovan Bratislava
Čajkovský made his European Elite debut during the 2009-10 season playing in the Slovak Extraliga with HC Slovan Bratislava. Undrafted, Čajkovský played major junior hockey with the Kingston Frontenacs and the Ottawa 67's of the Ontario Hockey League.
He spent the 2013–14 season, his first professional North American season, in the ECHL with the Reading Royals, on loan from the Hershey Bears of the AHL. He scored an impressive 14 goals and 36 points in 66 games to earn a selection to the ECHL All-Rookie Team. Čajkovský was re-signed by the Bears to a second one-year contract on August 15, 2014.
On June 19, 2015, Čajkovský returned to Europe and signed a one-year contract with Czech Extraliga team, HC Sparta Praha.
Awards and honours
|ECHL All-Rookie Team||2013–14|||
- "'Big Mike' Cajkovsky might loom large for Bears in 2014-15". pennlive.com. 2014-07-12. Retrieved 2014-07-12.
- "Bears sign three to AHL deals". Hershey Bears. 2014-08-15. Retrieved 2014-08-15.
- "Slovak players Kudrna and Cajkovsky" (in Czech). HC Sparta Praha. 2015-06-19. Retrieved 2015-06-19.
- "Defenseman Michal Cajkovsky named to ECHL All-Rookie Team". Reading Royals. 2014-03-15. Retrieved 2014-03-15.
- Michal Čajkovský's player profile at Ontario Hockey League
- Michal Čajkovský's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Michal Čajkovský's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|This European biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|