|Founder||Noel Roberts and Noel Carroll|
Number of locations
|360 in Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and China|
|Products||Cakes, espresso coffee, beverages, pies|
|Parent||Retail Food Group|
Michel's Patisserie is an Australian chain of bakery-style food outlets, that also operates internationally in New Zealand, Indonesia and China purveying cakes, pies, savouries, and espresso coffee. The company is a franchise system that was founded in 1988, and it has over 360 retail outlets in all Australian states and territories, except for Northern Territory and Tasmania. The chain employs approximately 4,000 staff and serves approximately 36 million cups of coffee and 9.5 million slices of cake each year. It is the largest pastry chain in Australia. In 2016, Michel’s Patisserie Toronto was judged to be National Retail Association Supreme Retailer of the Year.
Michel's Patisserie is a wholly Australian-owned firm, which Noel Carroll and Noel Roberts founded in 1988. Their business model involves a central bakery that bakes products and distributing said products to retail outlets on a daily basis. These retail outlets act as points of sale, from where customers may purchase the products on display. After two years of research into all facets of the concept, distribution, store design and layout, marketing, and training, the model was tested under full market conditions in stores located in Castlecrag and Newport before being launched as a franchise system in 1990. The franchise reportedly won the 2007 Churner of the year award. In February 2006, Michel's Patisserie conducted a management buyout and merged with its master franchisee in Queensland and Victoria to create a single national franchise business.
- Hatch, Patrick (June 21, 2017). "Shares in Brumby's and Gloria Jean's Coffees owner dumped over profit downgrade". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Van der Wagen, L.; Goonetilleke, A. (2015). Hospitality Management, Strategy and Operations. Pearson Australia. p. 561. ISBN 978-1-4425-4356-0. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Balmer, C. (2014). Expandable Brands: A Guide to Growing Business Locations While Protecting Your Brand. BookBaby. p. 107. ISBN 978-0-9925060-9-4. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Cassidy, Tara (September 29, 2017). "REVEALED: 15 new businesses coming to Mackay". Mackay Daily Mercury. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Varma, S. International Business. Pearson Education India. p. pt220. ISBN 978-93-325-0024-2. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|