Michel, 14th Prince of Ligne
|Prince of Ligne|
|Reign||21 August 2005 – present|
|Heir apparent||Prince Henri Antoine|
26 May 1951|
Château de Belœil, Belœil, Belgium
|Spouse||Princess Eleanora of Orléans-Braganza|
Prince Henri Antoine, Hereditary Prince of Ligne
|House||House of Ligne|
|Father||Prince Antoine, 13th Prince of Ligne|
|Mother||Princess Alix of Luxembourg|
|Princely family of Ligne|
Michel Charles Eugène Marie Lamoral, Prince de Ligne, Prince d'Épinoy, Prince d'Amblise, Grandee of Spain (born 26 May 1951, Château de Belœil, Belgium) is the head of the princely House of Ligne. He is the son of Antoine, 13th Prince de Ligne and Princess Alix of Luxembourg; he is thus the nephew of Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg and a cousin of Grand Duke Henri. He also bears the title Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece in Austria.
Michel was born 26 May 1951 as the then only child of Belgian Noble, Prince Antoine of Ligne (youngest child of Prince Eugène, 11th Prince of Ligne and his wife Philippine de Noailles) and of his wife Princess Alix of Luxembourg (youngest daughter of Grand Duchess Charlotte I, Grand Duchess of Luxembourg and her consort Prince Felix née Prince of Bourbon-Parma).
At the time of his birth he was 3rd in line of succession to the title of Prince of Ligne and 7th in line of succession to the throne of Luxembourg; he was also the first grandchild of his maternal grandparents.
Marriage and children
On 10 March 1981 in Rio de Janeiro, Michel married Princess Eleanora of Orléans-Braganza (born 20 May 1953 in Jacarezinho), daughter of Prince Pedro Henrique of Orléans-Braganza and Princess Maria Elisabeth of Bavaria.
They have two children:
- Princess Alix Marie Isabelle Adelgonde Eléonore de Ligne (born 3 July 1984 in Brussels), married on 18 June 2016 in Belœil, Count Guillaume Aymar Emmanuel de Dampierre (born 4 May 1985 in Paris), son of Count Audouin de Dampierre and Countess Roselyne de Biaudos de Castéja. They have one daughter:
- Countess Olympia de Dampierre (born 21 December 2017 in Rio de Janeiro)
- Prince Henri Antoine Gabriël Wauthier Marie Lamoral of Ligne (born 1 March 1989 in Brussels)
Titles and styles
- 1951-1985: His Highness Prince Michel Charles Eugène Marie Lamoral de Ligne
- 2005–present: His Highness Michel, Prince de Ligne, Prince d'Épinoy and d'Amblise, Grandee of Spain
|Ancestors of Michel, 14th Prince of Ligne|
Michel, 14th Prince of LigneBorn: 26 May 1951
| Prince de Ligne
2005 – present