Michel Banabila is a Dutch composer and sound artist, born April 14, 1961, in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Banabila performed live  in 2013 in the auditorium of the Hirshhorn Museum, Washington, at the opening  of the exhibition of Crops an audiovisual installation with photographer Gerco de Ruijter. He performed live with media artist Geert Mul with their audiovisual set Big Data Poetry at the Logan Symposium, in the Barbican, London, in 2014 and in Yukunkun at the Global Week For Syria  in Beirut, in 2015. In 2015 he also appeared at the Sonic Circuits Festival, Silver Spring, with a small modular improv set. Banabila is a member of the Disquiet Junto group. He lives with his wife and daughter in Rotterdam.
- VoizNoiz 1 Urban Sound Scapes (CD in jewel case / 2001) Steamin' Soundworks / Pork Recordings / Tonecasualties.
- VoizNoiz 2 Urban Sound Scapes (CD in jewel case / 2003) Steamin' Soundworks / Pork Recordings / Tonecasualties.
- VoizNoiz 3 - Urban Jazz Scapes (with Eric Vloeimans) (CD in jewel case / 2003) JJ Tracks / Challenge Records (1994).
- Spherics 1 (CD in jewel case / 2003) Steamin' Soundworks / Boudisque Recording.
- Precious Images (2CD in digipak / 2008) Steamin' Soundworks.
- Route Planner (with Mete Erker) (CD in digipak / 2008) Tapu Records.
- Banabila / Scanner (with Robin Rimbaud) (10" vinyl EP / 2010) Steamin' Soundworks.
- Gardening (CDr in digipak / 2012) Tapu Records.
- Travelog (with Machinefabriek) (CD in digipak / 2013) Tapu Records.
- Banabila & Mens (with Radboud Mens) (12" vinyl EP / 2013) Tapu Records.
- Music for viola and electronics (with Oene van Geel) (CD in digipak / 2014) Tapu Records.
- Jump Cuts (download / 2015) Tapu Records.
- Early Works: Things Popping Up From The Past (LP - CD - download / 2016) Bureau B
- "Programs Calendar - Hirshhorn Museum | Smithsonian". Hirshhorn.si.edu. 2010-12-07. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-04-17. Retrieved 2015-10-30.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Crops (Gerco de Ruijter) on Vimeo". Vimeo.com. 2012-02-14. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "BIG DATA POETRY live at The Logan Symposium, The Barbican Centre. London on Vimeo". Vimeo.com. 2015-01-13. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Programme 2014 - The Logan CIJ Symposium The Logan Symposium 11-12 March 2016". Logancij.com. 2016-03-12. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Beirut Restaurants, Shopping, Hotels, Things to Do, News, & Photos". Beirut.com. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Global Week For Syria". Syrian Music Lives. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Sonic Circuits Festival Night 1 - @Pyramid Atlantic". Dc-soniccircuits.org. 2015-09-18. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Percorsi Musicali: The 2015 Sonic Circuits Festival of Experimental Music, 18-20 September 2015". Ettoregarzia.blogspot.nl. 2015-09-20. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Tag Archives / junto". Disquiet.com. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
- "Disquiet Junto Project 0057: Phoneme Transmit". Disquiet.com. 2013-01-31. Retrieved 2017-04-29.
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Official website
- Michel Banabila discography at Discogs
- Michel Banabila at AllMusic
- Record Company - (Steamin' Soundworks)
- Record Company - (Challenge Records International)
- Two Banabila Duos - (Fluid Radio)
- Music for viola and electronics - (A Closer Listen)
- Crops - (Hirshhorn Museum)
- Banabila interview - (PBS Radio)
- Scores - (IMDB)
- Banabila at the Ambient festival in Gorlice - (Polyphonia)
- Buitengaats - (SICA)
- Big Data Poetry - (Logan Symposium)
- Banabila at Sonic Circuits 2015 - (SonicCircuits.org)
- Record Company - (Tonecasualties)