|Born||20 July 1961|
|Alma mater||Paris-Sud 11 University (PhD)|
|Fields||Computer Science (Human-Computer Interaction)|
|Institutions||Paris-Sud 11 University|
Michel Beaudouin-Lafon (20 July 1961) is a French computer scientist working in the field of human–computer interaction. He received his PhD from the Paris-Sud 11 University in 1985. He is currently professor of computer science at Paris-Sud 11 University since 1992 (in the in Situ group) and was director of LRI, the laboratory for computer science, from 2002 to 2009.
He has worked in Human-Computer Interaction for over 20 years and was elected to the ACM SIGCHI Academy in 2006. His research interests include fundamental aspects of interaction, engineering of interactive systems, computer-supported cooperative work and novel interaction techniques. In 2004, his paper "Designing interaction, not interfaces" has been one of the most heavily downloaded papers in the ACM Digital Library. He has been featured in Ben Shneiderman's HCI Pioneers.
Michel Beaudouin-Lafon was one of the founders, and first president, of AFIHM, the French national equivalent of Association for Computing Machinery SIGCHI. In recent years he has played major roles in CHI and UIST conferences, serving as program chair or program committee member. From 2002 to 2008, he was a member-at-large of the ACM Council and member of the ACM Publications Board.
- , In Situ group's website.
- http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=Michel+Beaudouin-Lafon Michel Beaudouin-Lafon in Google Scholar
- Beaudouin-Lafon, M. (2004). "Designing interaction, not interfaces". Proceedings of the working conference on Advanced visual interfaces - AVI '04. p. 15. ISBN 1581138679. doi:10.1145/989863.989865., Beaudouin-Lafon, M. 2004. Designing interaction, not interfaces. In Proceedings of the Working Conference on Advanced Visual Interfaces (Gallipoli, Italy, 25–28 May 2004). AVI '04. ACM, New York, NY, 15–22.
- Crawford, D. (2004). "Top 10 Downloads from ACM's Digital Library". Communications of the ACM. 47 (12): 21. doi:10.1145/1035134.1035151.
- "HCI Pioneers website".
- , AFIHM's website (in french).
- , UIST conference history.