Michel Bettane is a leading French wine critic, and for twenty years, a writer for the French consumer wine publication La Revue du vin de France. He left La Revue in 2004 to work for the rivaling wine publication Le Classement des Meilleurs Vins de France. He now runs his own website.
Following the acquisition of La Revue du vin de France by Marie-Claire and media group Lagardère, Bettane and his colleague Thierry Desseauve left the publication on grounds of editorial differences, and the two launched their own series of wine guides, Le Classement des Meilleurs Vins de France. Bettane also appears in publications such as Le Monde, Decanter and The World of Fine Wine.
- Robinson, Jancis, jancisrobinson.com (October 4, 2004). "Bettane and Desseauve to leave RVF".
- Bettane and Desseauve, French Wine Critics, http://www.wine-searcher.com/critics-14-bettane+et+desseauve
- Lechmere, Adam, Decanter.com (July 16, 2004). "Bettane and Desseauve 'will definitely' quit Revue".
- Kissack, Chris, thewinedoctor.com. "Wine Books: Bettane & Desseauve".
- winemag.co.za Michel Bettane
- Rosen, Maggie & Lechmere, Adam, Decanter (April 19, 2007). "Bordeaux vins de garage are dead: official".
- Jean-Luc Thunevin's Blog, November 26, 2007
- Rosen, Maggie, Decanter.com (November 6, 2007). "Michel Bettane: 'We are not gurus'".
- Bettane & Desseauve official site (in French)
|This wine-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|