|Born||9 October 1931|
|Died||30 July 2021 (aged 89)|
|Known for||Founder, Chalhoub Group|
Michel and Widad Chalhoub started their business in Damascus in 1955. After the successful military coup of Syria and the economic uncertainty, they were compelled to move to Beirut. A decade later, due to the Lebanese Civil War, they relocated to Kuwait where the company flourished and their sons, Anthony and Patrick, joined the Group
They ended up controlling about 20% of the region's market in luxury goods.
Michel Chalhoub was married to Widad, and they lived in Dubai.
Michel Chalhoub died on 30 July 2021, aged 89. He is survived by his wife Widad and one son, Patrick.
- Samet, Janie (2008). Michel Chalhoub. Assouline. pp. 10–11.
- "Forbes profile: Michel Chalhoub". Forbes. Retrieved 1 August 2021.
- "Middle East luxury retail pioneer Michel Chalhoub dies". Gulf News. 1 August 2021. Retrieved 1 August 2021.
- "The Family Firms Ruling Fashion in the Gulf States | Global Currents, Market GPS | BoF". www.businessoffashion.com. Retrieved 31 July 2021.
- "Family man luxuriates in joint rule". The National. Abu Dhabi. Retrieved 5 August 2017.