|Native name||ميشال ضاهر|
Michel Georges Daher|
7 March 1961 (age 57)
|Occupation||Chairman and CEO|
|Known for||Daher Foods, Daher Capital|
|Children||Georges, Mark, Edwina, Perla|
Michel Georges Daher (Arabic: ميشال ضاهر; born 7 March 1961) is a Lebanese entrepreneur known for being the founder of Master and Poppins under the Daher Foods umbrella, two of the largest FMCG companies in the MENA region. Daher co-founded Daher Foods in 1992 in Ferzol, Lebanon and has served as CEO and Chairman since then.
Daher also founded Daher Capital, a family investment office based in Beirut, Lebanon. In 2007, Daher invested and became a partner and board member in FXCM, a leading online currency trading and CFD broker. FXCM went public on the NYSE in December 2010, a process in which Daher had an active role in. In 2013, Daher disposed of his FXCM stock and invested in rival Gain Capital.
In 2013, Daher purchased a stake in the largest poultry producer in the U.S Pilgrim’s Pride and became the company’s second largest shareholder. In 2013, Pilgrim’s Pride had revenues of $9.0 billion.
Daher Capital is very active in the VC space with a large venture portfolio, having invested in Maker Studios prior to its sale to Disney for nearly $1 billion, in Bonds.com prior to its sale to the London Stock Exchange and Burstly prior to its sale to Apple.
Daher also serves as a board member of the Association of Lebanese Industrialists (ALI) and is on the Executive Committee of Higher Council for Greek Catholics in Lebanon.
- "Daher International Foods Company". Zawya.com. 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- Bunge, Jacob (2015-04-20). "Pilgrim's Expects 25% of Its Chicken Will Be Antibiotic-Free by 2019". WSJ. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "PILGRIMS PRIDE CORP : Filed by MASTER GLOBAL ASSETS LTD : FORM SC 13G (Statement of Ownership)" (PDF). Files.shareholder.com. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Revenue, EPS, & Dividend - Pilgrim's Pride Corporation (PPC)". NASDAQ.com. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Venture Portfolio". Daher Capital. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Maker Studios Raises Another $26 Million From Canal+, Singtel, And Others To Grow Its Business Overseas". TechCrunch. 2013-09-12. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Deal of the Year: Disney's Nearly $1B Acquisition of Maker Studios". The Hollywood Reporter. 2014-12-17. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Michel Daher Makes Strategic Investment in Bonds.com". Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- Burne, Katy (2014-03-06). "London Stock Exchange's MTS to Buy Bonds.com". WSJ. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Apple Acquires Burstly, A Daher Capital Company". Blog Baladi. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "TrueCar raises $70 million in initial public offering". Fortune.com. 2014-05-16. Retrieved 2016-09-25.