Michel Feher (born 1956) is a French philosopher and cultural theorist. He is a founding editor of Zone Books. Feher is also co-founder and president of Cette France-là, Paris, a monitoring group on French immigration policy. He writes for a number of outlets and has a semi-regular blog with the French journal Mediapart. Feher has held the positions of Professor and Visiting Lecturer at various universities, including École Nationale Supérieure in Paris, the University of California, Berkeley, and most recently, Goldsmiths, University of London (2013-2015).
Together with Wendy Brown, Michel Feher is co-editor of Zone Books' series Near Futures. In 2016, Feher co-edited "Europe at a Crossroads" with William Callison, Milad Odabaei and Aurélie Windels, the first issue of Near Futures Online, the digital companion to Zone’s Near Futures series.
- Conjurations de la violence: introduction à la lecture de Georges Bataille, 1981.
- (ed. with Jonathan Crary and Sanford Kwinter) Zone 1-2: The Contemporary Cities, 1986.
- (ed. with Ramona Nadaff and Nadia Tazi) Fragments for a History of the Human Body, 3 Volumes, 1989.
- (ed.) The Libertine Reader: Eroticism and Enlightenment in Eighteenth-Century France, 1997.
- Powerless by Design: The Age of the International Community, 2000.
- (ed. with Paul Rabinow) The essential works of Michel Foucault, 1954-1984. Vol 2. Aesthetics: Method and Epistemology, 2000.
- (ed. with Gaëlle Krikorian and Yates McKee) Nongovernmental Politics, 2007.
- 'The Saudi Mirror', Public Culture, Vol. 18, No. 2.
- Self-Appreciation; or, The Aspirations of Human Capital, Public Culture, Vol. 21, No. 1 (2009).
- (ed. with Cette-France-là) Xénophobie d’en haut: le choix d’une droite éhontée and Sans-papiers et préfets: la culture du résultat en portraits, 2012.
- (ed. with William Callison, Milad Odabaei and Aurélie Windels) Europe at a Crossroads, Near Futures Online, Issue No. 1 (March 2016).
- The Critical State of the Union, in 'Europe at a Crossroads', Near Futures Online, Issue No. 1 (March 2016).
- Rated Agencies: Political Engagements with Our Invested Selves, 2017.
- Friday Salon: Activism on the Map: The Zone Books Series on Non-Governmental Politics, Institute of Contemporary Arts, 19 April 2013.
- About Near Futures Online Issue No. 1 (March 2016), Europe at a Crossroads, June 6, 2017.
- [https://blogs.mediapart.fr/michel-feher/blog Blog de Michel Feher, Mediapart. Retrieved June 8, 2017.
- "Michel Feher". Oslo arkitekturtriennale. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- "Michel Feher". Goldsmiths, University of London. Retrieved 2017-06-26.
- "Near Futures, Series Announcement from Zone Books" (PDF). Retrieved June 6, 2017. "Near Futures, publications from Zone Books and MIT Press". Retrieved June 6, 2017.
- About Near Futures Online Issue No. 1 (March 2016), Europe at a Crossroads, June 6, 2017. "PDF of Near Futures Online, TOC and Links - Academia". Retrieved June 8, 2017.
- Michel Feher page at MIT Press
- Michel Feher's blog (in French)
- Podcast interview for SON[I]A with Michel Feher about the failure of neo-liberal policy and possible alternatives through citizen activism against the tyranny of markets. (05.04.2012).
- Podcast interview for SON[I]A with Michel Feher about the technologies of the neoliberal project and their repercussions for education and culture. (15.10.2015).