Michel Kammoun, Cines del Sur 2007
Michel Kammoun (Arabic: ميشال كمون) (born 1969) is a Lebanese film director.
Michel Kammoun was born in 1969. After maths studies in Lebanon, he joined the film school ESEC, in Paris. He has written and directed many short films including Cathodique (1993), Shadows (1995), The Shower (1999), Clowning Around/The Vanishing Rabbits (2003). His films participated in numerous international festivals and were screened in many countries such as USA, Canada, Latin America, Switzerland, Singapore, Spain, Germany, Italy, France… He also directed commercials and held screenwriting workshops in Lebanon. Today, Michel Kammoun lives between Beirut and Paris.
- Cathodique (1993)
- Shadows (1995)
- The Shower(1999)
- Clowning Around/The Vanishing Rabbits (2003)
- Golden Bayard for Best Film - NAMUR International Film Festival,Belgium 2006.
- Golden Bayard for Best Music - NAMUR International Film Festival, Belgium 2006.
- Prix spécial du Jury at the 2008 Festival du Premier Film d'Annonay (France).
- Palmera de Bronce for Best Film, - XXVIII MOSTRA de VALENCIA, Spain 2007.
- Audience Award - LILLE International Film Festival, France 2007.
- Best First Film Award - ROTTERDAM Arab Film Festival, Nederland 2007.
- ART AWARD (Best First Film Award) - ALEXANDRIA International Film Festival, Egypt 2007.
- Bronze Dagger for Best Film, Muscat International Film Festival, Oman 2008.
- Silver Muhr for Best Film - DUBAI International Film Festival, UAE 2006.
- Variety (USA)
- Cinebel (Belgium)
- Euromedcafe (France)
- Filmstart (Germany)
- Flickfilosopher (USA)
- Kino-zeit (Germany)
- Le Monde (France)
- Les Inrocks (France)
- Liberation (France)
- Mulderville (France)
- NewYorkCool (USA)
- Screen International (UK)
- Septimovicio (Spain)
- The Australian (Australia)