Michel de Kemmeter
|Michel de Kemmeter|
29 September 1964 |
Michel de Kemmeter (born Belgian entrepreneur, real estate investor and author from Ghent. He started in the field of specialized renovation. Since 2005 he researches and writes about personal development, intangible assets and human sustainable development. Today he is an expert in economic transition.29 September 1964) is a
Early life and career
Michel de Kemmeter attended the Rijksuniversiteit Gent University in Belgium. Later on, he attended the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven for the degree in Sales Engineer. His works were published in French language, English and German.
His first published books were reference books on construction materials, such as natural stone, blue stone and wood. In this field of work, he has started a business specialized on treatment and solutions to pathology of natural stone and chemistry/physics of the stone after installation.
Human development work
In 2001 he worked on the "Motivation Wheel", a psychological tool for a circular analysis of human characteristics, such as behavior, values, concerns, needs and desires for inner fulfillment. This work explained about an interpretative framework for connecting "doing" and "being" through aspirations, fears and internal strengths. The model was designed to be used for corporate aspects, such as corporate culture development, time management and values, evaluation of intangible assets, coaching and individual's mentoring. The 7D-Value approach, based on the 7 levels of value is also used to map excellence and potential of individuals.
Later, in 2005, he published the book "The Value of Time" and the "Die Werte der Zeit" edition by the publisher Swinti Verlag GmbH, and "La Valeur du Temps" in 2006 by Éditions Racine. The book was a work of philosophy and psychology applied to management and life. It gave a different perspective to the Greek nations of chronos, kairos and aion in a way to find openness of self to life. Today, he is a consultant and trainer of this subject at the Free University of Brussels and at the University of Louvain-la-Neuve (Louvain School of Management).
De Kemmeter has started in 2006 a network of reflection and innovation on human development and societal development, named UHDR (Universal Human Development and Research). This network of collaborators has been creating tools for development of human potential, self-connection and experiential conscious mentoring, in collaboration with medics, sportsmen, companies, universities, philosophers and therapists.
Some works of the network were "7D-Value" (for purpose, knowledge, communication, processes and emotional balance sheets within companies), and "Culture Coherence" (approaching circles of coherence in organizations). These tools aim to give assessments of perceived corporate identity, positioning relative to competitors, values, strengths and development areas, assessment and quantification of intangible assets, customers satisfaction, and a consistency's degree of the company.
In 2008, he has founded UniverseCité UHDR (UHDR UniverseCity) of Sustainable Human Development, which has the goal of bringing "soft skills development" based on concepts of collective intelligence and experimental learning. In his research, he works on transdisciplinarity, on systems theory, systemics, prospective, on sociology and applied psychology.
He is the inventor of the "Resources Systemics" approach, new model for systemic economy and society. It is based on 3 principles: (1) Every project, company or organisation should contribute to common good. (2) Every company, person, team, city authority or other stakeholder has assets and liabilities on 7 levels (earth, material, processes, emotional, communication, knowledge, common good) (3) Every project should add value on different levels in its stakeholders ecosystem. It activates underused or hidden resources in its stakeholdres ecosystem for the project. It creates "multiple value streams", and thus new solutions, new business models. The result is more agility, faster implementation, less risk, more output with less resources. These resources can only be activated if the project answers needs of stakeholders. He works on transition economy and transition methodologies based on metamorphosis principles. Specialized in updated transition economy principles and models, he brings these new principles to corporations and governments.
He initiated the "Club of Brussels" inside the Economic Transition Center in Brussels, school of new economic thinking. A group of 250 experts worldwide. It is an international network of ready-for-change human beings. The idea is not only to think about the new economic models based on systemic use of resources, but also to implement actions for the promotion of economic transition.
Films and videos
- Awarded with "La Minute de Pie" in the "Festival du Programme Court" in Paris, Public's Choice and 3rd Prize in Diversity's category.
- Interview of Bernard Lietaer
- TV show "La Pensée et les Hommes"
- TEDx talk in Louvain-la-Neuve
- Construire avec la Pierre Naturelle – Bouwen met Natuursteen, Beta Plus nv, février 1998. 288 p.
- La Pierre Bleue du Hainaut - De Blauwe Steen van Henegouwen, Beta Plus nv, novembre 1998, 288 pp.
- Construire avec le Bois - Bouwen met Hout, Beta Plus sa, septembre 1998, 288 pp.
- Pierre Naturelle & Habitat, 101 questions sur la pierre naturelle, Wonen met Natuursteen, 101 vragen over natuursteen, édition 2000 augmentée, Beta Plus janvier 2000.
- Fortune de Briques, Ed. Racine en février 2005. 144 p. (ISBN 2-87386-396-X)
- The Value of Time et le Chronos-Kairos agenda mai 2005 (Swinti Verlag Gmbh) (ISBN 2-8399-0063-7)
- Die Werte der Zeit, mit Chronos-Kairos agenda mai 2005 (Swinti Verlag Gmbh)
- La Valeur du Temps Ed. Racine 2006, 152 p. (ISBN 2-87386-451-6)
- La Planète Intérieure Vue du Ciel , Ed. Racine, à paraître en septembre 2009 (ISBN 978-2-87386-556-6)
- Les Valeurs de l'Argent – Réussir avec ou sans, Ed. Avant Propos, juin 2011 (ISBN 978-2-930627-06-9)
- Le Nouveau Jeu Economique, with Paul Mauhin, Ed. Otherways-UHDR UniverseCity, March 2014 (ISBN 978-2-9601480-0-8)
- Le Droit des Affaires en Evolution / Tendensen in het Bedrijfsrecht", pp. 1-37, IJE-IBJ, Novembre 2016 (ISBN 978-2-8027-5709-2)
- Towards a more Systemic Collaboration for new progress models between Celac and Europe; Construyendo El Espacio ComÚn de Educación Superior, Ciencia, Tecnología e Innovación para la AsociaciÓn Estratégica Birregional Ed. Comité Local de Organización - Secretaría Ejecutiva del Foro Académico Permanente 2016, pp. 184-188; 648 p.
- Shifting Economy", with Emmanuel Mossay, Ed. Otherways-UHDR UniverseCity, May 2017 (ISBN 978-2-9601480-1-5)
- "1ère édition du Festival du programme court" (PDF). Festival du Programme Court. 2009. Retrieved 2011-05-10.