Michele Sharon Jaffe|
Los Angeles, California, United States
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
|Period||1999 - present|
|Genre||historical romance, suspense, young adult|
|Notable works||Bad Kitty|
Michele Sharon Jaffe (born March 20, 1970) is an American writer. She has authored novels in several genres, including historical romance, suspense thrillers, and novels for young adults.
- 1 Early life and education
- 2 Writing career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Bibliography
- 5 References and sources
- 6 External links
Early life and education
Jaffe was born in Los Angeles, California. She is a 1991 graduate of Harvard University, where she earned a B.A. degree. Jaffe worked at the Huntington Library, an educational and research institution in San Marino, California. She returned to Harvard and in 1998 earned a Ph.D. in comparative literature.
After writing a book on the Renaissance, she decided to foray into fiction, starting with a romance novel set in the Renaissance. The debut novel, The Stargazer, was published in 1999, initiating a four-book saga of historical fiction.
Soon afterward, she left the historical sphere, moving to suspense thrillers such as Lover Boy and Bad Girl in 2003.
She then wrote her first Young Adult book, Bad Kitty, published in January 2006, and the following month, it was named Book of the Month in the Meg Cabot Book Club. The next year, she published Kiss and Tell which was included in the anthology Prom Nights from Hell. In 2008, she wrote Kitty Kitty, the sequel of Bad Kitty, and the same year was published its graphic novel, Catnipped. Her latest YA novel is "Rosebush," which was published on December 7, 2010.
Jaffe is friends with bestselling Young Adult author Meg Cabot; they occasionally blogged advice columns together on Cabot's website. Thus persisted until Jaffe got her own Young Adult website. Now, she writes advice blogs on her own site more frequently.
Jaffe is divorced, and living in NYC.
Arboretti Family Saga Series (Romance)
Contemporary Thrillers of suspense
- Lover Boy - 2004
- Bad Girl - 2003
Young Adult Novels
Bad Kitty Series
Omnibus in Collaboration
- Prom Nights from Hell - 2007 (Exterminator's Daughter by Meg Cabot, Madison Avery and the Dim Reaper by Kim Harrison, Kiss and Tell by Michele Jaffe, Hell on Earth by Stephenie Meyer and The Corsage by Lauren Myracle)
Bad Kitty Series
- Catnipped - 2008
References and sources
- Jaffe, Michele Sharon (September 1999). The Story of O: Prostitutes and Other Good-for-Nothings in the Renaissance. Harvard University Press. ISBN 9780674839519.
- Perlman, Nicola C. (March 1, 2006). "Literature With Libido: Michele Jaffe '91 gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'close reading.'". Harvard Crimson.
- "About Michele Jaffe". Penguin Group USA. Retrieved March 27, 2012.
- Falk, Kathryn (1999). "Michelle Jaffe: THE STARGAZER". RT Book Reviews. Archived from the original on 2012-09-09.
- Brown, Suzanne S. (July 30, 2006). "Las Vegas evolves from glitz to style". Denver Post.
- "Jaffe, Michele 1970- (Michele Sharon Jaffe)". Encyclopedia.com. Retrieved March 27, 2012.