|Occupation||Actress, radio and television presenter, model, dj|
|Known for||Xposé (Entertainment/celebrity gossip TV show) presenter,
presenting Night Shift,
Radio presenter Phantom FM (now TXFM)
Michelle Doherty is an Irish actress, model, radio/television presenter and DJ. She has presented various television shows including Xposé, a daily entertainment/celebrity gossip TV show on TV3 in Ireland, Arthur's Day, RTÉ Two television series Under Ether, the weekday breakfast show, Pure Morning on Phantom FM now TXFM, and Night Shift and Day Shift on Channel 6 for a number of years before the closure of the station on 31 December 2008.
Michelle is a model with Morgan The Agency, having got her career break whilst working in Dublin, Ireland as an air stewardess for the airline Aer Lingus, where she had worked since 1997. She was among twelve well-known females who took part in the "Max Factor Salutes Great Moments in Fashion" show for which she was styled in vintage fashions and hair styles, photographed by fashion photographer Sarah Doyle and wore a figure-hugging black dress by Louise Kennedy for a portrait which was then sold off at a charity auction. She presented Night Shift, the short lived alternative music show on Channel Six, seven nights per week and also on two weekend afternoons. The decision not to renew the show left both her and Elton Mullally, the co-presenter of the show, feeling "completely bewildered, and absolutely gutted".
An online campaign to reinstate her on the new 3e roster was launched immediately. The programme is rumoured to be returning in 2014. Doherty's other careers have included a radio show, Finest Work Songs and Pure Morning on Phantom 105.2, co-hosting of the next-to-inaugural Choice Music Prize at Vicar Street, Dublin in February 2007 and being nominated for an IFTA. She also had a presenting role during the Arthur's Day events in Dublin in 2009. She has presented (When) Under Ether for RTÉ Two on Tuesday nights.
Michelle played the part of "Liv" in Lenny Abrahamson's critically acclaimed, award winning film What Richard Did and has just finished filming independent Irish film The Hit Producer where she played the lead role, Katelin Ballantine.
Awards and nominations
As well as being nominated for an IFTA, Michelle has also been nominated for Ireland's TV Personality of the Year award.
- "Michelle Doherty revealed as TV3 Xposé's new host". Irish Independent. 21 November 2013.
- "New 3e station joins ratings battle". Irish Independent. 5 January 2009. Retrieved 16 January 2009.
- "Portrait of Malin model graces auction". Inishowen News. 1 November 2007. Retrieved 16 January 2009.
- "Channel 6's NightShift to be taken off air". State. 8 December 2008. Archived from the original on 12 December 2008. Retrieved 25 December 2008.
- "Loaded: 19 December 2008". Irish Independent. 19 December 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Bentley's bashes and book launches". Irish Independent. 14 September 2008. Retrieved 16 January 2009.
- "Phantom 105.2". Archived from the original on 19 June 2012. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- "Michelle Doherty leads new Phantom schedule". Hot Press. 23 July 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Acts for Guinness birthday bash". The Irish Times. 11 September 2009. Retrieved 12 September 2009.
The four studio venues (Whelan's, Tripod, the Academy and Vicar St) will be hosted by the BBC's Colin Murray, Phantom FM's Michelle Doherty and TV presenter Michelle de Swarte.
- "Michelle Doherty lands new TV music show". Hot Press. 5 November 2009. Retrieved 5 November 2009.
- "Line-up announced for Haiti Aid, taking place in Whelan's and The Village on Tuesday February 3". Hot Press. 29 January 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- "What Richard Did (2012) – Full cast and crew". IMDb.
- "The Hit Producer (2013)". IMDb.
- "The reluctant celebrity". Irish Independent. 22 June 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2009.
- "Phantom's Michelle Doherty Tops The Poll ... again!". Phantom 105.2. 26 March 2010. Retrieved 15 April 2010.[permanent dead link]