|Member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives
from the 10th Plymouth district
January 7, 2015
|Preceded by||Christine Canavan|
April 14, 1973 |
Michelle M. DuBois is a Democratic member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives. She was elected in November 2014  to represent the 10th Plymouth District (West Bridgewater, the east side of Brockton, and Precinct 1 of East Bridgewater) and was sworn in on January 7, 2015. Rep. DuBois was re-elected to a second term on November 8, 2016, after running uncontested.
She is currently part of the following committees:
- Joint Committee on Municipalities and Regional Government
- Joint Committee on Veterans and Federal Affairs
- House Committee on Bonding, Capital Expenditures, and State Assets
- House Committee on Steering, Policy, and Scheduling
In late March 2017, Rep. DuBois posted on Facebook that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was planning a raid in Brockton, Massachusetts. She included a warning, which read, "If you are undocumented don’t go out on the street. If there is a knock on the door of your house and you don’t know who it is, don’t open the door. I ask you to be careful." This has garnered attention from around the country. The post has since been deleted.
In the following days, DuBois reiterated that she stands by what she did, even stating that she was helping immigrants to know their rights and was letting ICE know that their supposed raid in Brockton was compromised. She has, however, received criticism for her decision, not just in the media but from other politicians as well, including a number of her fellow Democrats. Boston Mayor Marty Walsh, for instance, stated that alerting the community to a supposed federal raid, especially based on inaccurate information, can do more harm than good.
- "MassLive - Massachusetts State Representative Election Results 2014". masslive.com. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "Wicked Local - DuBois, Cruz to battle for open state representative seat". bridgewaterwest.wickedlocal.com. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- "Massachusetts 10th Plymouth State House Results: Michelle DuBois Wins". Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "State Rep. Defends Facebook Post Warning Immigrants Of Rumored ICE Raids". Retrieved 2017-03-30.
- Larocque, Marc. "Defiant DuBois: I'm proud of myself after Brockton immigration raid controversy". The Enterprise, Brockton, MA. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
|This article about a member of the Massachusetts House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|